“Better for families than for singles”

Solitude Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Solitude
More attraction details
Owner description: All ski resorts have chair lifts, but ours take you to new heights. That’s what we mean when we say,” Refined by Nature.” Solitude Mountain Resort is located a short 40-minute drive from the Salt Lake International Airport. With over 1200 acres of skiable terrain, Solitude is one of Utah’s most intimate and inviting winter resorts. Over 500 inches of annual snowfall covers: 65 named trails, three bowls and groomers for every ability level. We also offer a Fun Park, as well as a Nordic Center. And don’t forget Honeycomb Canyon. It has some of the most awe inspiring, lift-served terrain in the country.With hardly any lift lines you won’t have to wait to find your Solitude. You’ll be deep in powder before you know it.
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Better for families than for singles”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I might be the only single person at Solitude! At least it feels that way. I think it caters very well to families but the village is tiny with only a few restaurants. Food on the mountain is expensive with very limited offerings. No lift lines, which is great, but it's not a huge mountain. Alta remains my favorite. I doubt I'll be headed back here anytime soon.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to ski in UT”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The best thing about this resort is, that it is not crowded! I highly recommend Solitude. I would like to see more green (easy) runs.

Cape May Court House, New Jersey
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Love it”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I really like this place! It is great from the restroom located on the 1st floor by the parking lot to the good food in the restaurants (bring your credit cards!). The slopes are well groomed beside the moguls which makes it fun for a group of skiers (I hate moguls but 1/2 my family loves them). The emergency squad was so friendly and on top of their game when they helped my sister-in-law who took a really bad spill. The clinicians who helped her were very good.

Chicago, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Liked it, though not as much as others”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Intermediate skiers, looking for mostly groomed blue runs. Solitude kept us busy for a day with plenty of runs. No lines, staff was fine, lunch at one of the lodges decent (if pricey, of course), parking easy. For our ski level, we had a fair number of run options, though a few spots sort of penned us in with ways down either harder or less convenient to lifts. Several of the lifts were good and speedy. We liked Solitude, but probably enjoyed Brighton and Alta a bit better.

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“It's like you own the resort”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The grooming here is excellent. The trails are wide and it's never crowded. I mean it is NEVER crowded here.
The runs here are fun and you have a good amount of terrain. The Honeycomb Canyon is a lot of fun, but you better have your act together when you are back there.
My biggest complaint about this place is it is a pain to get from one side of the mountain to the other. And the lifts are a little slow for me.
However, it is still a lot of fun to come here with your family. It has a bit of everything for all skill levels.

Visited March 2013

Been to Solitude Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!