Solitude Mountain Resort
Book In Advance
More Info
$276.00*
and up
Ski Salt Lake City Super Pass: Discounted Lift Passes, Rental and Free Transport
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Solitude
More attraction details
Owner description: All ski resorts have chair lifts, but ours take you to new heights. That’s what we mean when we say,” Refined by Nature.” Solitude Mountain Resort is located a short 40-minute drive from the Salt Lake International Airport. With over 1200 acres of skiable terrain, Solitude is one of Utah’s most intimate and inviting winter resorts. Over 500 inches of annual snowfall covers: 65 named trails, three bowls and groomers for every ability level. We also offer a Fun Park, as well as a Nordic Center. And don’t forget Honeycomb Canyon. It has some of the most awe inspiring, lift-served terrain in the country.With hardly any lift lines you won’t have to wait to find your Solitude. You’ll be deep in powder before you know it.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I really like this place! It is great from the restroom located on the 1st floor by the parking lot to the good food in the restaurants (bring your credit cards!). The slopes are well groomed beside the moguls which makes it fun for a group of skiers (I hate moguls but 1/2 my family loves them). The emergency squad was so friendly and on top of their game when they helped my sister-in-law who took a really bad spill. The clinicians who helped her were very good.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Intermediate skiers, looking for mostly groomed blue runs. Solitude kept us busy for a day with plenty of runs. No lines, staff was fine, lunch at one of the lodges decent (if pricey, of course), parking easy. For our ski level, we had a fair number of run options, though a few spots sort of penned us in with ways down either harder or less convenient to lifts. Several of the lifts were good and speedy. We liked Solitude, but probably enjoyed Brighton and Alta a bit better.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The grooming here is excellent. The trails are wide and it's never crowded. I mean it is NEVER crowded here.
The runs here are fun and you have a good amount of terrain. The Honeycomb Canyon is a lot of fun, but you better have your act together when you are back there.
My biggest complaint about this place is it is a pain to get from one side of the mountain to the other. And the lifts are a little slow for me.
However, it is still a lot of fun to come here with your family. It has a bit of everything for all skill levels.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The runs are narrow and not very much fun, and the staff was not very friendly. One should never have to pole over flat spots...

1  Thank FLSki
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I love this place, whether you are a beginner or an expert this mountain is great. I always ski here on my third and fourth day after skiing Alta and Snowbird. Great terrain and again, no lines!

My only advice is stay away from the Sol-Bright run, I ended up at Brighton and had to sneak on their lift so I could make my way back to Solitude, wasn't that great of a run anyway.