“Terrible Service. Average Food”

S.S. Wreck & Galley Grill
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Grassy Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Original S.S. Wreck & Galley Grill in Grassy Key Florida ... A "local's favorite" --- Steve and Stephanie started The Wreck in 1999, sold it in 2005 and was turned back to them in Oct 2015. The S.S. Wreck re-opened Feb 10, 2016 with original owners, chef & some waitstaff! Bringing it back to the way it use to be. A place to have fun! Stop in and say hello!!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family and I were exploring the keys and we thought that this looked like a nice place to stop and grab a bite. Our waitress that we had was by far the worst I've had in awhile. Someone in our party ordered a lemonade and she brought out a coke. We informed her that she brought out the incorrect drink and we had to remind her twice before she brought the lemonade out and slammed it on the table. I never got my drink refilled because our waitress was too busy smoking a cigarette and fraternizing with the other employees. The food was only average, nothing to rave about. Very limited menu for someone such as myself who does not enjoy seafood. Do yourself a favor and avoid this restaurant.

2  Thank Joshua D
There are newer reviews for S.S. Wreck & Galley Grill

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at Hawks Cay for two nights and decided to check out the Wreck and Galley. I couldn't believe our luck. It was Tuesday and they had an all you can eat Key West pink shrimp special. Opted for the hot ones and ended up eating three servings. Counted 45 tails. Delicious.

Had a smile on my face all night. Wish we could have made it for another "Pinks" special during our stay. We'll be counting the days until our next visit.

Dennis & Beth
Dewitt, MI

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went for all u can eat frog legs as I haven,t had them in years. Nice size legs however inconsistent taste, not to much breading so in that respect was satisfactory. Staff excellent nice atmosphere. Key lime pie was the best so far.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great local place to grab a beer and a bite. Great fish sandwiches typical of the keys. Be sure to leave your mark on a dollar which they staple to the wall.

2  Thank Steve K
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on our way to Key West. We were looking for a snadwich and fries, and were very happy with our meals, I had the turkey club, my boyfriend had the philly cheesesteak. Friendly staff, casual atmosphere. Though I don't really understand the signed dollar bills on the walls.

1  Thank Rie13