“Wow! What a great meal.”
Review of Hideaway Cafe - CLOSED

Hideaway Cafe
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We ate at the hideaway cafe on the first night of our vacation. It was the best meal we have had in a long time. It is a little difficult to find, but the staff is great and very helpful. Save room for desert! They all sounded and looked great, but we were so full from the huge portions that we could not do dessert.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Not so easy to find so look for the Rainbow Bend Resort and it's at the back, overlooking the beach. Friendly welcome by our hosts and helpful guidance for the best dishes on the brief but varied menu.

Started with the shrimps, which were perfectly cooked and served in a delicious garlic butter. We followed up after a simple but delicious Caesar Salad with the Hog Fish, each of us taking a different style of cooking. Each dish was perfectly cooked and extremely tasty and a lot of sharing followed! Although we were pretty full we couldn't resist sharing the white chocolate cheesecake, which again was delicious and prepared with a unique Oreos biscuit base.

We had a bottle of wine with the meal which came to $150, I felt a little high but the food really was good. The restaurant was empty when we got there at 6:30 but started to fill around 7:30, so that would be a better time to arrive. We sat outside on the balcony which was fine but after a while the smell from the sea was overpowering, so recommend sitting inside!

I thought this restaurant was great for quality a good service and I would certainly recommend.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

We sat outside and our 7-year-old daughter immediately hit the beach (we could see her from balcony). I had French Onion Soup and seafood crepe; my husband the hogfish special. All were delicious. Too noisy and cramped are fair criticisms, but I think those are probably par for the course for a nice restaurant in this locale, especially one with a view like this. Find it in/by Rainbow's Bend.
Intimate and authentic, I actually would not pass Hideaway Cafe up.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We ate at the Hideaway Cafe twice during our recent stay in the Keys. The first night, we had the featured fish (Hog fish I think?) per the recommendation of the waiter. The meal and the service were fabulous. Thus, we reserved a requested table for our last night in the area (the reservation book was wide open) and were disappointed that when we got there, the table that we reserved was occupied. On the second night, we ordered the shrimp scampi which was flavorless. The service (other than not reserving our requested table) was top-notch both nights. The view is gorgeous. I'd highly recommend this restaurant, but stick with the menu items that the staff recommends.

1  Thank sgw57
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We dined at the Hideaway recently with a party of six at 7PM on a Friday night. To their credit, the restaurant filled up while we were there. The downside? It is cramped and the waiter rarely refilled my water and when he did, had his elbow in my face. The noise level was off the scale. Conversation was impossible. The wine list is good, servings large, and meals come with bread, bruschetta, salad, and vegetables. The duck is good and will leave you with ample leftovers. On a previous visit, I had the best bread pudding, ever. This meal was marred by my vegetables being lukewarm. The kitchen was a bit overwhelmed it seemed as the pace of the meal was very uneven. (Cardinal Sins #37, 71, 73, 108)