I was so excited to go back to a Bel Air hotel again as I had previously stayed at the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta (which I loved)… well, I was very soon disenchanted to find out the service is not even close to what I was expecting based on my prior experience. Our plan included European breakfast from 6-8 am, however if they run out of coffee before 8 AM, do not expect them to make some more for you… they will just tell you there’s no more coffee, but this is not even close to my biggest disappointment!!!
The next day we checked in at the Bel Air Xpu Ha, we went to a whole day tour, so I was out of the hotel for more than 12 hours, at our return we were received with a VERY unpleasant surprise: We opened our room and found 3 t-shirts in our bed that didn’t belong to us along with 2 religious stamps one of them containing Our Lady of the Holy Death!!! There was a lot of sand on the bed, floor, bathroom (bathroom seat… disgusting!!!), the towels were used by someone else as well as the bed, there was only 1 thing missing in our room, a cellphone charger; we were so happy we put our alliance rings in the safe box and took all our money with us. We reported the situation to the lobby and I am happy to say Security was very quick to attend our call, they read the door lock and watched the surveillance videos and nothing came up, so the conclusion was that someone entered our room by the terrace where the lock was not functioning. We got our room cleaned and someone from security lent his cellphone charger to my husband.
Next morning we went to the Front Desk and asked to get a new room with a functioning lock in every door. The response we got from Aldo (the front desk rep) was “I do not know who entered your room or the intentions they had, but I cannot take any our guests to bring you in” =| What kind of response is that??? So my husband told him that the Bel Air Xpu Ha would be responsible for any other loss if nothing was done in order to secure our room; we then got a very quick response that the terrace lock was going to be sealed. That night when we returned we were received by Emmanuel at the front desk *Note I think he is a valuable member of the Bel Air Xpu Ha staff* showing a very different service attitude, positive and friendly; he explained Enrique (the Security Manager) wanted to talk to us; so he called him and we met at the hotel reception, he listened to us and helped us to calm down a little. Enrique explained the charger they lent was new, that it belonged to him and gave it to my husband, also confirmed the terrace lock had been repaired and that he had constant vigilance outside our room during the day *He is another valuable member of the Hotel Staff that should get some kind of recognition for being the only one who took the time to listen to us and to correct the situation*
Our 4th day at the hotel was good with no other incidents than a filthy pool including napkins and empty ketchup bags.
It was in our 5th and last day at the Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Xpu Ha Riviera Maya that we had our last and final unfortunate event; at the time of our check-out we paid for the breakfast we had at the hotel restaurant. Our total was $230 MXN, my husband gave the front desk lady a 500 peso bill and she asked for a smaller one, so he gave her $250… he got his $20 pesos change but not the 500 peso bill. We unfortunately realized too late that we didn’t get the money back, so I called the hotel to explained what had happened, the lady at the front desk didn’t even let me finish what I had to say when she interrupted me saying “NO… I DID return the bill to the Mr. please have him check again” So I asked to make a cash reconciliation at the end of her shift to confirm what I was saying and that I would call later that day; her answer was, Ok, but I am looking at the money and all I have is what your husband gave me. That was SO frustrating because we were in our way to the airport and we couldn’t do anything to solve this issue.
We’ll be traveling to Los Cabos by the end of the year and we were actually considering staying at the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cabos based on the great experience we had in Vallarta, but this 5 days stay has completely taken away my desires to go back to any of the Bel Air collection hotels.
My advice to the management of the hotel is to improve Customer Service capabilities and remove people not customer-oriented from front desk. There are many Hotel options not only in Cancun but all around Mexico and the World to choose from and you don’t want to keep losing potential loyal customers because the awful attention some of your employees are delivering. Had our experience been like the one in Vallarta you’d have 2 loyal customers to the Bel Air chain, not only to stay at any of your hotels but also to recommend them to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha