We were at Xpu-Ha in February 2014. We really enjoyed our visit.
The hotel rooms were decent and clean. We had a balcony overlooking the jungle(!!). Orchids were not in bloom but were everywhere!
The food was excellent, but you have to be willing to be open minded and not expect American/Canadian food, although there was plenty of that.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and really made our stay enjoyable. The front office staff were very accommodating.
The kayaking was lovely - it is free and when we were there we didn't need to reserve a kayak. The water is crystal clear and quiet. Yes, we saw a manatee !!! I'd never seen one before. You can also snorkel in their estuary, and there are plenty of fish, but may be on the cool side; maybe that was just February, though.
The only drawbacks were the absence of a safe in our room, and perhaps ethical issues surrounding keeping large cats and chimpanzees in captivity, but they all seemed well cared for.
There is only a rocky shore at the resort, but you can sit in chairs on the shore and stare at the water, which is what 90% of us do anyway. And, there is no evening entertainment at the resort. Not a big deal for us. There is a bar that says open in the evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha