“Heaven on Earth!”

Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Xpu-Ha
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went to Bel Air - Xpu-Ha the first week of March. This is our second trip! I cannot say enough good things about this place! I LOVE it!! I want to live on this resort for the rest of my life!
This resort is not a place to go if you need to be entertained and you dont like walking. But, believe me.....after stuffing yourself on the absolutely delicious food there, you will NEED to walk of the calories!
This is what you would think of if you think of a tropical paradise. It is a wonderful jungle experience with wild life galore. Oscar and Jesselin (hope I spelled that right) were so great with the animals. It is not every day you see a spotted leopard kitten walking around your resort...or get to help dry one off when it gets wet!
The staff is wonderful. They cant do enough for you. They make you feel like you are a treasured family member. I am friends with quite a few of them on Facebook now! Livia and Hector, the activities directors are just spectacular! If you are bored at this resort, it is your own fault! I felt like I was at a spa! Aqua Arobics and Aqua Stretching in the pool every morning, water volleyball, water polo (OMG! So much fun!) fun, fun, fun! The Casino night was an absolute blast (fllled with much cheating, much camaraderie and many laughs and fun had by all!).
The bartenders at the pool bar were great! They all learn your name and what you like to drink very quickly! Eloy, Manuel....I miss you all!
I can see how kids would get bored here, I am absolutely thrilled that they discourage spring breakers. Xpu-Ha is a little bit of a ride from the airport, but, so worth it for the privacy and jungle experience! Playa Del Carmen is a short 30 minute bus ride and there are many, many attractions within 30 minutes of this resort. We used public transportation (bus) and not once did I feel unsafe off the resort. (Well maybe in the Apple transportation bus from the resort to the airport.....they drive crazy in Mexico!).
I could go on and on and on about this resort! Already planning next year's vacation there!
OMG! Looking for pics to post, I realize all the things I didnt even talk about....it's just too amazing!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room on this resort. Each 'villa' has an upstairs room and a downstairs...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonya M
There are newer reviews for Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place has a great potential with amazing Jungle atmosphere, cozy beach couch and even free internet but this kind of hotel that you don't go there again

You have to know that the food wasn't tasty, service in the restaurants was awful
This is a spread out Hotel - don't go there if you don't like walking
No real beach
One day without hot water was a bit awkward

With new management this place could be nice escape

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hitchhiker-Guide
Anwar S, Manager at Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear traveler:
Thank you so much for your review.

I´m very sorry to read your experience was not 100% what you expected.

Be sure we´ll attend the food service problem inmediately.

We sincerly hope you give us some day a second chance to show you we can be the place for you.

Best Regards

Anwar Sanchez

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I just returned from this resort. We stayed here a total of 5 days and loved every minute of it! I chose this resort for our honeymoon through Apple Vacations and I am glad we did. After having a few hectic weeks leading up to the wedding and also dealing with the stresses of the wedding weekend, this was the perfect stay for us.

When we arrived Monday morning, we were greeted with Mimosas by the Bellboy Moises who during the trip gave us numerous rides to the restaurants. Our flight arrived early so when we arrived our room was not ready. That was not a problem for us at all. Moises gave us a tour of the resort and asked us if we were hungry from traveling and took us to the restaurant. Unfortunately they were switching from breakfast to lunch. Again, that did not bother us and we went and sat on the beautiful beach. Not even 10 minutes passed and Moises returned and informed us that he believed our room was ready and he would return with our luggage. When we arrived at our room, we were surprised with the kissing swan towel art. All the rooms have spacious balcony with hammock, table and chairs. The Jacuzzi was wonderful and the shower was fantastic. Each day we had a surprise in our room. We had towel art daily and one day we had silk robes on the bed and fresh chocolate macaroons.

We ate lunch and was served by Urial. He served us numerous times with exceptional service each and every time. The food was always presented perfectly and our glasses were never empty. We ate all 3 of the restaurants and all were excellent. The sushi at the sushi bar was great and the setting is very intimate.

On Tuesday, I wanted to surprise my new wife with a romantic dinner. Umberto and Rosa made it happen. Originally the dinner was supposed to be at the Green Cenote but it rained that day. Rosa promptly contacted me Tuesday morning with another option. Though I was disappointed that we were not able to have it at the Cenote. They organized a beautiful romantic dinner on our room balcony. They had nice music playing and candles all around. Jose was our personal server that night and he help make the night special.

The resort itself is a jungle paradise with many beautiful animals. We did not feel the need to leave the resort for anything. We did go to Coba on Wednesday and spent the rest of our time at the resort.

If you are looking for a place to bring your spouse or significant other and not looking to party but relax, then this is the place for you.

They treat you like you are their #1 priority!

PLEASE VISIT THIS BEAUTIFUL RESORT!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank newlifebmw
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfect place for resting and enjoy the Nature around. Clean and comfortable, The buffet food was tasty but not huge variety, the a la carte at night was a disaster, people were friendly, pool facilities awesome with children's pool separate from the adults. Little entertainment for the young crowd, but plenty for the old. Although the hotel is listed as beach front, the beach on site was not good for swimming, and the hotel personal would take the guest by van to another area where the beach was excellent, but it took away our freedom to come and go to the beach at our own schedule.

Room Tip: Small buildings with two rooms top and bottom, the top floor room has a roof of straw, and it offer...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We came as a family a few months ago and loved every minute of our stay. We stayed a week in one room for the three of us, and enjoyed all of the festivities and activities offered. We particularly enjoyed the bus trip to Tulum- even though it was pricey, it was an AMAZING experience!
The food wasn't great, but considering the place has some significant recent hurricane damage, we were pleased with our experience. We LOVED the live-in animals (in enclosures, don't worry).

Also, there really isn't a beach right at this hotel if I remember correctly- you have to go to the next store resort (free) to be on the nice sandy beach.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am not a fan of all inclusive holidays since doing a lot of traveling. But I found it very hard to step out of this resort for any reason.

I have also never written a review, however this place.. The people.. they deserve to be recognized for all their hard work!

From the moment we entered we were treat perfectly. The staff were unbelievable and I was genuinely upset when I had to leave my new friends

The unique accommodation was everything the website said it would be.
I could not originally book a twin room for my friend & I but they swapped us without problem or hesitation. My friend repeatedly said we got the best room (ironic considering I had booked the wrong hotel -she had wanted the one in Cancun (ups))

How anyone can make complaints about this resort is beyond me... we walked in smiling and everyone smiled back. I could not help but hug every member of staff I had the pleasure to meet. You may think I am going over the top, but I have been in hospitality for 12 years, and their service was impeccable!

The first night we had the pleasure to meet Sexy Livia (yes, it does say that on her name badge) and Hector..2 of the most influential people I have ever met. They made our holiday & are the reason I will be returning this year!
They put on all the entertainment from 9am until 11pm EVERY DAY and were the highlight of everyone's holiday. They brought everyone together & created the fun atmosphere that was so addictive no one wanted to leave!

Without giving you an hourly summery of my holiday, words cannot describe how much I loved this resort and why.

Yes, its a fair walk from one end to the other. But the guys in the golf carts will look after you.
Yes, the food at times could of been hotter. But it was all delicious and non of the guests I spoke to had any tummy upsets. You choose your meals from menus with the exception of the breakfast buffet and where a wonderful woman will cook for you.

The only fault with this resort is the cat enclosures; they should be bigger.
Although the tigers and Jaguar seemed happy enough (bit lazier than the pumas)

The shuttle is the best and cheapest way to travel... DO NOT USE AFTER 9pm -too dangerous!
The taxis are safe, comfortable & most the drivers are good fun!

Excursions are best done alone, cheaper.
DON'T shop for silver... 3 rings $1000.00 US -we haggled them down to $50 for all 3 and were so offended by their original price we still walked away. Tried a smaller shop... same thing!

Mexicans are lovely, they are not as pushy with the hard sell as other countries. A polite smile and no thank you will usually do.

Back to the resort:
Ask for a green Juice at breakfast if you're hungover
Eloy will look after you with his special cocktails at the pool bar
Manuel will spoil you at dinner with his special shots
For non drinkers, sit back and relax. There is a quiet area of the pool. A kids pool and the atmosphere is always friendly, unoffensive and enjoyable.

Join in ALL the activities, you will not regret it... animals, shows, dance, water polo, bingo, aerobics, cycling, kayaking, snorkeling, trivia, karaoke, scuba diving...

All the staff are wonderful, happy, beautiful people!
Do not hesitate to book this resort.
It's perfect for everyone. If you have any special requirements/questions, the on line chat through their website is great. Just make sure they know its NOT the one in Cancun

I'm not sure how this thing works, but if you have questions.. ask (if you can!?)

Room Tip: We got a top floor twin, east facing* -gorgeous sunrise! (*was not a request) Some regulars prefer...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Red_Diamond_2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

i traveled to this hotel on the 23rd of feb 2013 and i stayed for 10 days. i wanted to rest and relax so bel air was just perfect for me as it is situated in a nice and qiuet area, the resort is massive so you will never feel surrounded by other holiday makers, there are always free sunbeds in the pool area, and it feels like you live in wildlife resort or zoo!! briliant.
rooms are specious and clean daily, food is good however the idea of a la carte for lunch and dinner doesnt seem to be working well. im used to buffet style on all inclusive holidays so you eat what you like and how much you like. sometimes the restaurnt was really busy for dinner and they seemed to be short of staff? many times we had waited for 40 minutes and more!
staff is nice and easy going, very helpfull Samira at he front desk and Hector in entertainment team was an absolute star! there was only one unhappy member of staff at the pool bar but not going to mention his name as you will see yourself if you decide to go to bel air, the guy is just not happy to BE!!!

Room Tip: villa 7 and 6, good location, in the middle of the resort, close to front desk and lobby bar
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank karolina p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Xpu-Ha
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
#16 of 21 in Akumal
Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya
Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya
#40 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!