We just returned from an 8 day adventure at the Catalonia Royal Tulum. We found everything just as awesome this year as it was last year.
We stayed in the 4 building in an un-refurbished room but it was nice none-the-less. There were no bugs and no mosquitoes. We didn't see too many iguanas this year probably because of the cooler temperatures.
The beach is the highlight of the resort. Beautiful clear blue waters with silky soft white sand. There was no problem finding shade or a chair.
The food was very good for an all-inclusive. They grill fresh fish or steak everyday at the lunch buffet. The ala carte restaurants were very nice with good food. The Italian was our least favorite and the Royal Grill Steakhouse was the best.
The employees there all work very hard and help to make the stay even more special.
We took the collectivo down to Tulum for shopping. The cost is only $6 per person RT and the experience itself is fun. We also took the collectivo to Akumal beach for snorkeling with the sea turtles. We did not pay for any tours and we had a wonderful time and felt very safe there.
The CRT is a great place for relaxing and enjoying vacation. Message me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha