My husband and I were guest at CRT from July 26 thru August 2. We had a wonderful time and plan a return soon! Let me break it down:
I found an incredible deal on Bookit.com. It was 2400. For two all inclusive, Including airfare for the week. Working with Bookit was easy and turned out fine.
Check In and room
Was a breeze. We were well received with a cool drink and cool towels. We got a standard room on the third floor of Palmas building, which is building 2. Wonderful room. Air worked great! We liked the location just fine. Hub is 66 and I am 60. We are in good shape and did not mind the stairs. We had two queen beds, spacious balcony and lovely bath. The room was kept clean and replenished daily. Only problem was the beach towels. If they clean your room during the day while you are out, they either don't replace your towels in the evening or you must find them to get new towels for the next day. Sometimes they knocked on the door at nine to replace them. Must be a better way...
We understand that at the price you pay you will not be getting 5 star cuisine, but we were satisfied with the many choices we were given. We ate at the breakfast buffet each morning. We had omlets each day. Love the Bloody Mary and mimosa station! For lunch we ate at the snack restaurant near the pool bar. Favorite was the club sandwich with fries. The al a cart lunch buffet was fantastic! We love the tapas restaurant for its selection and beauty. We also ate at the Mexican restaurant which was very good, the Italian restaurant which was very good too! We were not fond of the evening buffet. The offerings did not appeal to us. We had bad food at the Steakhouse. The menu looked great, but my beef tenderloin was overcooked, sent back and the next one was just the same. The service in all restaurants was outstanding! These folks work so hard for you! We tipped everyone well. Drinks were always terrific! My hub loved their sparking lemonade as he does not drink alcohol. I had nice wines at all restaurants. We never had room service.
This place is very beautiful and kept immaculate everywhere! Our favorite place was the beach. There are no rocks, just soft smooth sand. We snorkeld the reef beyond the ropes and found it pretty good. Go down the beach to your right, past the boats and try this area too. Very good! There are no large crowds on the beach. Lots of chairs and shade. The beach makes this resort better than those costing more... The pool is clean and beautiful. Notice shade and chairs. Must mention the wildlife, the coatis are adorable! Also we saw a raccoon,large iguanas, a capybara, and interesting birds.
The people who work here are so wonderful. They want to make you happy. They will remember your preferences. They will joke with you if you will with them. Smiles and good manners go a long way here. This is an internationally represented resort with guests from everywhere. We were an older couple by far! Lots of beautiful young folks come here. There are many smokers, and topless is very acceptable here. Hubs found this amusing...special thanks to Fernando of guest services for his determination to help us with departure boarding passes, Marco from the dive shop for coming to my rescue in fixing my snorkel mask, Suzanne also from the dive shop for friendliness and information, and all the hard working staff that gave us cherished memories for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha