My husband and I stayed for a week towards the end of July, to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We enjoyed it very much.
The staff are amazing always helpful and smiling. The food was ok at the buffet but the best in my opinion was the Tao Cat- Asian restaurant. The food was so good there we went twice!
The beach is the most amazing part of this resort, white sand and beautiful blue water that is so warm it's like your bath tub. The waves were very strong at times and this was difficult for me as I have bad knees... And the walk to the beach although beautiful was also difficult at times.
The walk to beach often meant seeing Coatis and iguanas.
We would return to this resort in a heartbeat.
As others have stated watch out for the vacation club people! Just say NO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha