My wife, two friends and I visited from start of Feb for two weeks. We are Scottish in our early 30's. CRT offers great value for money in a stunning setting. It is my third time in Mexico and I was extremely happy with this hotel. Met lots of really nice people including the French Roger Federer! Apologies if you spot any mistakes as a bit rushed.
We were Secrets Maroma for Honeymoon in May which was just out of this world. CRT is very similar is set up, location and standard but some areas are not quite up to Maroma standard as you might expect given the price difference.
Pros - Adults only, great location, relaxing, phenomenal beach, not too big, good mix of nationalities, everywhere is very clean, good drinks, comfortable and clean rooms, good wifi, great pool drink service ( Jenny ), good service (Nestor, Daniel, Silvinho and others to name only a few ), not having to book for dinner, food was reasonable, Asian and Tapas were exceptional try the Chu Chi at Asian, good spa, beautiful walkways, bridges and cenotes, wildlife such as turtles, coutis, reptiles etc, great weather in Feb
Also enjoyed the Dreamliner trip too.
Could do better - great breakfast but lunch could be improved as could Mexican and steakhouse at night, room service menu was restrictive, activities were infrequent and unreliable (girls were better than the guys), no tennis which was disappointing, gym needs a radical overhaul with more runners and air con, Nespresso in the room would help, no swim up bar, poor use of a really good sports bar.
The resort has a good disco but this is not a resort to come and party. Albeit we always made our own entertainment! Entertainment was ok but pointed to the majority Italian guests.
In summary, it was an amazing holiday in a great setting with lovely people (you know who you all are ). I would strongly recommend this place and a night or two at Coco Bongo but remember to go VIP ! For me this would be a good value relaxing honeymoon spot if you are on a budget or wanting a place to summer holiday at which offers most things you want in a holiday.
Overall a fantastic hotel to come and stay in and I don't think you can beat this part of Mexico for a holiday.
4.3 out of 5 - do book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha