This was our second trip to the Tulum area but first time at Catalonia. We loved every minute of it and would definitely go back! The staff was fantastic and took great care of us, especially Raul & Carlos. There was plenty to do at the resort from the pool, hot tubs, beach, ping pong tables, gym, spa, theater, disco, etc. To me this seemed to be more of a relaxing, peaceful resort rather than a party atmosphere, which is exactly what we wanted.
There were mostly Europeans at the resort, especially Italians, but everyone was very friendly. Even the event staff was mostly Italian! I loved that it seemed to be health focused with two fitness classes a day (aqua gym, yoga, step class, etc), a smoothie bar and relatively healthy food options. The food overall was pretty good and there were plenty of restaurants to choose from so you don't get sick of the food. Our only bad experience was at the Tapas restaurant because we felt rushed by the server, but the atmosphere of that restaurant is pretty cool.
You get plenty of walking in at this resort as well because it is far from the lobby to the beach but that was not a problem for us. I enjoyed the extra exercise because of all the food we ate! The beach itself is very well-kept and there are plenty of chairs to choose from. However we were there during a busy time and you would have to get out there early to grab one! Lots of hammocks to relax in as well.
Overall, I highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a peaceful getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha