Found this little gem and trust me it is. We spent 2 weeks coming home on Boxing day and wished we didnt have to come back. From the checking to the time of leaving there were no problems at all. Mind you we had a few doubts if we had done right as it rained for a day and a half, and when it rained hell did it rain and it was cold. But on the third day it was brilliant sunshine which lasted for the rest of the holiday. Restaurants are amazing, all 6 of them although we did not try them all. We stayed by the freshwater pool as the beds on the beach soon filled up. The service everywhere was good although the alcohol seem a bit weak and they did not seem to want to give you large measures. This did not worry me as we do not go away to get drunk. Hotel grounds as vast with plenty of walking areas to work off the large and tasty food. All in all its an amazing hotel just nice for a bit of relax. We have always said that we would not go back to the same hotel but I think we will be breaking that rule.
If you are thinking of booking here DONT EVEN HESITATE, JUST DO IT.
THANKS to everyone at the resort for making it a wonderful break and see you all soon.
PS. the towel game is still played so if you want a decent place get up early. We had our towels out about 5.30 and found people there already !!!!!!!. But that was no hardship as my wife did it, lol, but I had the coffee and tea ready, thanks to room service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha