We visited here the first 2 weeks of December.
I wouldn't say there was anything amazing about the hotel, I feel we got what we paid for.
The food was nice enough, but we found it to be quite bland. But it was replaced regularly and seemed to be well cooked, neither of us had upset tummies. The best selection was at breakfast time. It was also nice that you could choose to eat at the buffet or at any of the A La Carte restaurants which were all part of the All Inclusive. We did find that we had to queue at the restaurants several times including the buffet restaurant but this would only be for a few minutes.
The rooms were nice, they were large and clean, the shower was massive.
It has been suggested that the staff favour the Italians but we never saw this, and I wouldn't know what advantage it would be to the hotel if this were true. The Italians do tend to smoke a lot but this was never a problem either.
The beach was really nice, although you couldn't walk that far before coming to rocks.
We did venture out a few times, you can get a 'Collectivo' at the hotel entrance, this was very convenient, safe and cheap, and recommended.
The entertainment we found to be very poor, the worst we have ever experienced, and we have stayed at much cheaper hotels than this one which is a big shame.
The staff were always polite and helpful, we do try to speak as much Spanish as possible as we are in a Spanish speaking country, but they could all speak English in any case.
The Coatis were the best entertainment while walking through the hotel grounds, we did however find the wooden bridges to be slippy after it had rained, the boards could do with being replaced with none slip ones as they were quite dangerous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha