We stayed here for 8 nights in August and had a great time!! Check in was easy and we given a cocktail on arrival then taken in a buggy to our room.
We stayed in buildng 4 which is right in the middle of everything: buildings 1 & 2 close to reception area and breakfast, buildings 3 & 4 right in the middle and buildings 5 & 6 are at the beach/pool end of the resort. There are 2 places for breakfast but the buffet is definitely the best with everything you can think of to eat. 2 different places for lunch which are great and 7 different places for dinner - our favourites were the buffet and grill place, but the mexican, spanish tapas, italian, pizzeria and asian are also nice.
The lay out of the resort is great and very clean and well maintained. The pool area was great to relax and we were spoilt for choice of sun chairs and space. The beach was kept clean by the hotel and the pure white sand and blue water was heaven!!
The staff around the pool and beach constantly made sure we had drinks and cocktails and were always so nice.
There is also entertainment everyday by the pool and also at night, including markets and shows put on by the hotel. During the day take a kayak and snorkel from the dive centre at the hotel and venture out in the ocean!
We saw on the website that it said all tips were inclusive of the price so as we are not from a tip -custom country we made the decision to not tip whilst at the resort and we were treated no differently to the americans that did tip. We were always served with no delay and with smiles So i would say it is not necessary to tip and that probably saves you about $70 in a week stay.
This is a fantastic all inclusive resort and we would highly recommend it and would love to go back - can't fault anything!!
We decided not to do tours and rented a car as its about 1 hr drive from Cancun airport( parking at the hotel) we then did our own day trips out to Chichen Itza, Akumal to snorkel, Tulum ruins and Xplor park - would recommend to see all of them!
Great part of the Riviera Maya and fantastic hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha