We have just returned from two glorious weeks at the CRT (26th April - 9th May).. Firstly may we thank Carolyn for her very welcome tip sheet, invaluable information, secondly Judit on reservations who was very helpful with our room request - Luna building, second floor, beautiful room with fantastic wildlife just outside of our balcony. Room was huge, large walk in shower, flat screen TV, digital safe and well stocked fridge, everything we needed for a very pleasant stay.
First impressions were fabulous, locatation just off the highway but once in the hotel grounds it feels as though we were in the jungle. Songbirds galore, iguana, coatimundi's, we even spotted a tortoise and squirrel, and not forgetting the lovely grey cat which we passed on a few occasions when walking to the dining room. The walk through the grounds to the beach was stunning, we shall miss our daily walk over the bridges and cenotes with numerous fish to spot. We are beachlovers and could not have been more enthralled by what we saw us on our first day - beautiful talcum powder white sand and turquoise sea - heaven! snorkelling was fun with plenty of fish to see just off the beach.
Food was always presented and cooked well with plenty of variety,the italian and royal grill were our favourites. The staff were very helpful, nothing too much trouble, always had time for a chat even though they work very hard, always smiling, big hello and thankyou to all, especially to Delphino (spelling?) and David.
We are not big drinkers but I did enjoy the marguarita's and pina colada, some people that we spoke to said that they were not very strong they were more than adequate for us. Smoothies at the beach bar were yummy too.
In summary we would return in a heartbeat, this was our first all inclusive experience and we were unsure what to expect, however this little corner of paradise was just what we needed for a chilled out holiday. We are already missing our daily walks along the lovely deserted beach and can't wait to return.
PS - Don't be put off by negative comments, we found nothing at all to complain about during our 2 week stay. If you need a complete chill out with nothing more demanding than a short stroll to get from A to B then this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha