This Hotel is excellent with great amenities. The wonderfully private balconies overlooking natural jungle setting are a really nice change of pace from an ocean view that normally includes a view of everyone else's room. Grounds were well kept and clean; as were the rooms. Service was excellent throughout the hotel. Good booze selection - not just the bottom shelf - with Corona on tap. Staff were friendly and attentive. Suite rooms were spacious and inviting. We had a great time with a large group of couples. Many other guests at the hotel were on their second or third visits. No advance reservations were necessary for the a la carte restaurants and no restrictions on how many times you could visit them. There is a night club – it was usually sparsely populated, but chic and refined with a DJ spinning tunes and a big dance floor. Young couples and groups may bemoan the sedate nightlife. But, the bars do continue serving until 2am.
A few minor issues:
Snagging a spot by the pool can be a bit tricky as people tend to come down early and stick their towels down to reserve seats - but this is an issue everywhere.
There are no ocean view rooms in the hotel; however, the privacy of the balconies more than made up for this - my wife and I would request this view everywhere!
Some a la carte food was mediocre: the Italian restaurant and the Steakhouse. But, the Mexican restaurant was fantastic and the buffet really isn't bad. The Snack bar by the pool is the place to be for lunch with wood oven fired pizzas and sandwiches.
Overall a fantastic experience, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha