Our first time to Mexico and we chose CRT because of its quiet location, all inclusive pakage and most of all adults only (no kids), in the main our holiday was great and ticked all the boxes we wanted it to, so happy days.
The much published "Italian effect" of the hotel is well over the top, the entertainment team do a good job and are not at all rude and they are very polite, they do invite everyone to join in as much as possible, I think some people must want a personal invitation to join in as my wife got involved in 2 activities a day and was made to feel more than welcome everytime, me I am happy on the sun bed with a good book.
The resort is very clean and tidy and the staff are magnificent (although at times their managers lack direction) and sometimes bottle necks are allowed to occur at lunch times. The staff are the most accommodating group I have come across, so well done they made our holiday that bit more special.
The only negative we encountered was the room, we travelled with Thomson Holidays and there were very few people from Thomsons in the hotel, I believe that it is their first year at CRT and I do not believe they have enough clout to get the decent rooms, our room was more than tired and could do with a little TLC, but it was the bath room that let it down, the sink never held any water for the whole of our stay and the marble sink top and surround had sevear cracks in it, filled in with filler, we raised these issues with reception 4 times and nothing was done, was asked for a change of room and nothing was done except the offer of an upgrade to a refurbished room at 30 dollars a night ! The shower however was excellent, so in the end we decided to grin and bear it as we worked out that we were only going to be in our room 25% of the time during our stay.
The beach is good, but the people who rave about it being the best they have ever seen, need to get out and travel more as it would not feature in our top 10 of beaches.
The food was excellent in every restuarant we preferred the restuarants that we non buffet (so we did not eat too much, quite difficult to do) with theTapas being our favourite, but the quality of the food was consitantly to a high standard in every restuarant.
Overall our stay at CRT was just what we wanted after quite a testing year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha