This was our first trip to the Royal Tulum. My wife and I had stayed at the Catalonia Yucatan/Mayan Riviera twice and we wanted to stay at a resort with out any children. The Royal Tulum didn't disappoint!
Upon arrival we were greeted with a cold towel and a mixed drink, after the 1.5hr bus ride from the airport it was great to have the cold towel. Please don't let the travel time keep you away from this resort, it is worth the trip.
We had requested a room closer to the beach through our travel agent, and the Royal Tulum happily oblidged. The room it self was great, comfortable king bed, wonderful bathroom fully stocked mini bar. Even though you don't get Corona in your mini bar don't worry the Dois XX is just as good.
THE BEACH: I loved the beach! It has beautiful white sand, crystal clear water and plenty of fish to swim along with if you snorkel. I snorkeled every day for almost an hour, just enjoying the amazing fish, there is plenty of coral to enjoy as well. My wife and I are one of those people who get up early and put our towels on the beach chairs, but there are lots of chairs for everyone so no one really had to worry.
The food is really good at all of the restaurants. The only place my wife and I didn't really eat at was the tapas bar/restaurant. For the simple fact that by 7-8pm we were hungry for a full meal. The setting for the tapas bar/restaurant is great, big comfy couches and chairs set under the tree's.
So after that amazing review here are a few of my minor complaints. The entertainment staff: Neither my wife or I are Italian, so they wanted nothing to do with us unless there boss was around. A few rude guests from Italy would always be rude to the servers. They work very hard for low wages, having the extra demand from them isn't pleasant to see.
One other great point, is during the day there is someone always cleaning the grounds. It's amazing to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha