This resort is truly an oasis. My husband took our honeymoon here June 23-30. If going on a vacation to the Cancun area I highly recommend coming here or anywhere south of Playa Del Carmen, especially if you are looking for the best beaches in the area (according to the locals) and also some peace, quiet, and relaxation. Anything you want to do you can arrange even if the hotel doesn't seem to have many things "included." You can easily get to any activities in the area. My husband and I did deep sea fishing at Marina Del Cid, Scuba Diving at Bahia Divers (which is literally a 100 yard walk down the beach from the hotel!), the Mayan Coba Excursion with Altournative, and horse back riding at Maroma Beach.
The food was excellent at all restaurants, though we recommend staying AWAY from the Lobster dinner, that got both me and my husband sick for 12 hours, and we still had to pay extra for it.
The servers and people that work there are so happy and helpful! If looking for someone who is fun to talk to and a great server ask for Fernando at breakfast or at the lunch buffet, he is great! Just a note for Americans, they don't accept American dollars in the gift shop or at the concierge, but the servers and bartenders and drivers do appreciate American dollars as tips!
The hotel in general has an amazing atmosphere, its like walking in a jungle all the way through to your room, look out for some jungle reptiles and animals too! The beach is beautiful and wide open, the hotel is not near any other resorts so there a lot of open space to walk on and swim around. Its easy to go snorkling during the day and so worth it. The pool is very nice as well with lots of places to sit and relax, our favorite part was the three different temp. hot tubs that overlook the beach. The staff also really stays out of the way and is very honest and trustworthy, we left our safe open once by accident when we were away, we got back to find a note saying the turn down service had locked the safe for our safety and we had to call security to get it unlocked, nothing was gone.
The rooms are very nice no matter what level you choose. A very comfortable king sized bed and your room is cleaned immaculately every day when you leave. The hotel in general is very clean.
We think this is a great resort and highly recommend it to honeymooners, vacationers, and adventurers alike!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha