“Still one of my favorites spots after all these years!”

La Playa Xpu Ha Restaurant & Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Xpu-Ha
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Still one of my favorites spots after all these years!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have been coiming to this place for 22 years, having stayed here before phones or electric power.It is a beautiful beach. I have known Rosalio Diaz for the past 22 years and he is a great host and fisherman. He provides fishing trips from his pangas just off the beach. There have been many changes over the years including the 40 peso entrance fee but it is still one of the best beaches in the world. Don't miss a chance to visit for a day. I had chicken fajitas and they were the best I had during my 8 night stay this trip.

• Visited May 2014

Duvall, Washington
“A perennial favorite”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We have been going to Xpu-ha for 5 years! You can count on the best beach on the coast! Great ceviche de camarones, and other dishes. The staff, and did I mention the beach! we spent 5 days out of 17 there, the rest looking for a nicer beach, to no avail. You will notice they have changed to "SEAHAWKS" green T's. Our favorite wait person sporting a championship cap! We are never disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Tacky and could do better!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Lovely beach, great setting, but disappointing beach restaurant and bar. It is very busy and needs more staff. Looks cheap with the blue plastic furniture.

Why do we pay to enter the road off the freeway to the beach? There is a sign close to this restaurant saying "the payment at the entrance is not connected to this establishment".....or words to that affect. But then have to show the restaurant receipt to gain a refund upon leaving!

Food is very poor, sent ours back because it was cold, it was returned like carbon! The food resembled the cheapest options seen in supermarkets and possibly is!
We feel the Beach bar/restaurants just haven't got it yet! The public ones are so few and far between. They become over busy and service suffers! The beaches deserve better! We deserve better! It may be horses for courses, but we prefer, a more upmarket, classy joint! However, we have eaten at many less so, because the food is always wonderful, the staff brilliant. But not in Mexico!

1 Thank Tiggy35
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We came here with our tour guide Ara from Cancun Adventures. We had toured Tulum and snorkeled at Akumal so we were hungry and ready to eat. We dined at the buffet which had fixings for a salad, rice, beans, fresh made chips, fish & chicken tacos. The beans were AMAZING. Many of us went back for a second trip just to fill the plate with beans. The only downfall was the weather was cool and rainy so we did not get to enjoy the beach while we were there.

I highly recommend the lunch buffet.

“Simple yet Amazing!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We came here to eat after out Tulum/Akumal excursion. Our meal was a buffet of fish, chicken, soft tacos, black beans, vegetables and salsa and one drink. The catch of the day was Mahi Mahi. OMG what an amazing fish for a fish taco. The fish was simply seasoned but it made for the most amazing meal. I made several tacos! The view is also very relaxing and the service was great. It is not not touristy so I felt almost like a local. I would come back again. It is very hidden. Our guide said people only know of it by word of mouth and I can see why.