“Beautiful Beach”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Xpu-Ha
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 24, 2013

During the week there is no entrance fee, on weekends and holidays there is a 40 peso fee per person.
The beach is beautiful and the service is very good. You can enjoy a inexpensive lunch and drink for about 200 pesos. The tacos and quesodilla are good.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I cannot begin to say how amazing and how much I loved this place. I have never seen such beautiful beaches, great beer, ceviche was unbelievable. Our taxi driver told us about this place and I was a little concerned when we went down the dirt road only to come up to the stunning view of heaven on earth. I honestly wish they had a hotel attached to this place. I would stay there every time!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Oh my, what a beach! This is one of the best on the Mayan Riviera with white powder sand and clear aqua water. The local crowd includes aging hippies, local families, and tourists from many countries. You have to look for the small sign on highway 307 just north of Akumal exit to find it - or, remember it from former visits. If you like fresh Mexican food and seafood, live music of the Bob Marly genre, and happy beach freaks, you'll love this place.

1  Thank NCMountainsArtist
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The waiters, bar tenders, chef along with Alfredo makes you feel iike you are in paradise
We always enjoy a great food and drinks at a very reasonable prices, the beach and water are great, you can snorkle or just relax
Every time we go we trully enjoy it

2  Thank AB1954
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Lovely club on a beautiful stretch of Xpu-Ha Beach. As we were there during the Christmas holidays, the place was packed. But we got lucky and got an unobstructed view of the ocean. Our waiter was incredibly nice and helpful.

Unfortunately the restaurant was not that great (as to be expected from a beach club). I ordered shrimp tacos and my husband ordered a burger. The shrimp tacos and fries were flaccid and cold. I had horrible GI issues that evening and my husband was fine. This was the first and only time during the trip where we didn't share anything and ate separate meals. So I'm pretty sure my issues came from the shrimp tacos.

Hint to those who take a cab there: arrange for the cab driver to take you back when you're done because cabs will not come to pick you up. Funny thing is they will take you there and drive that stretch of dirt road. We ended up hiking about 1/4 to 1/2 mile to the highway and caught a collectivo back to Playa del Carmen.

1  Thank msneedle