All reviews margo ritas happy hour other guests wonderful hosts fish granola shared kitchen off the beaten path special place ocean room killer margaritas get away leaky palapa bird watching hermit crabs get together every evening
Reviewed January 1, 2015

Unfortunately, due to my son's flight being delayed by 5+ hours (and not being able to leave Cancun sufficiently early), our 2-night stay at Sin Duda was reduced to just 1. But, that 1 night and parts of 2 days were fantastic. Dave and Lesley are AMAZING hosts. First, we were upgraded to the beautiful Querencia room. Next, realizing that we had not eaten, we were provided some snacks, and the BBQ & margaritas on the beach that night were absolutely fantastic. We continued the evening upstairs chatting with our hosts and other guests, drinking wine, eating great food and enjoying great conversation. We snorkeled for hours the first day and used the kayaks early on the day we were to depart. We even tried to change our plans to get back to Sin Duda at the end of our 2-week Yucatan adventure, but unfortunately, there was no availability. We will, without a doubt, be back and for much more time. Thank you Dave & Lesley. We loved it!

Room tip: Ocean view is, of course, always great, but can't really go wrong here.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2014 via mobile

This was my second trip to Sin Duda. My last trip was solo, so this time I travelled with 2 friends. I stayed in Laguna Room with the comfortable king sized bed and shared the Mayan Cocina with my friends. It was right next to our rooms, so it was a great gathering spot with a full kitchen, library and comfy living room all in one.
I have a very busy life back in Canada so I needed to change gears. During the day, Sin Duda is very peaceful, so I spent a lot of time under one of the beach palapas reading, napping and relaxing. Also went on some terrific snorkels and even went on a lionfish hunt with Lesley, the hotel owner. The water is pristine and coral heads are healthy and teeming with fish. The complimentary sunset Margo-ritas are a tradition that we and other guests all looked forward to. It was nice to gather with people from all over the world and share stories. And at night, watching the stars from the newly renovated rooftop decks was incredible.
Sin Duda was a perfect place to change gears. And, again, I will be back.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Tyler B
Reviewed December 30, 2014

Having stayed at the lovely Sin Duda in February of this year, my wife and I missed it so much that we booked a 12 night return trip for November. Dave and Lesley are truly excellent hosts, making you feel right at home and helping you out with anything you might need, from contact lens solution to helping you buy tasty Mexican snacks from the food trucks who run the coast road next to the hotel.

I had an amazing snorkel, guided by Lesley, around the coral heads just in front of the property -seeing fish in their thousands… too many species to list here. The nightly Margherita time is a super chilled moment to relax and connect with other guests from around the world before heading off for either a meal in town or to cook up your own feast in their well-equipped kitchens.

For the fly fisherman your imagination is the only limit with miles of coastal flats boasting bonefish, permit and tarpon. Local guides can take you down into the more remote areas in Chetumal Bay for a fraction of the cost of dedicated fishing lodges.

Hide away in this charming destination for the ultimate relax and recharge. We will certainly be returning soon...

Room tip: All rooms are good.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2014 via mobile

Been travelling for 9 months around the world now and Sin Duda is up there as one of our favourite places on earth. Beautiful scenery, funky decor, the loveliest people and chilled out vibes. Off the beaten track it is away from the crowds and truly like your own tropical island- snorkel from your front door then read a book under a palapa, what perfect days! Thank you Lesley and David for our lovely Christmas with you and the rest of your guests, one we won't forget! Andrew, Jacquie & Jodie

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2014

I stayed at Sin Duda with a buddy for a week in December 2014. Dave and Lesley the hosts were great and make a killer Margarita. The property itself is well maintained, clean and the best part, has incredible snorkeling right off the beach. Great place to go for a relaxing "off the grid" vacation.

Room tip: We had the upstairs suite, which has a bedroom in back and living room in front facing the beach with a Murphy bed. The Murphy bed was quite comfortable and was easy to put up and down. Great view of the Caribbean from the deck. Great for watching the sun rise in the morning.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends