“AN OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of XTC Dive Center

XTC Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Xcalak
More attraction details
Owner description: XTC Dive Center is located within the Xcalak Reef National Marine Park, a strictly protected region of the Meso-american Barrier Reef system. The area boasts some of the most breathtaking dive sites on the Yucatan peninsula and offers visitors an opportunity to enjoy the pristine marine environment without the crowds present in the more developed areas of the coast. XTC Dive Center is internationally known for our world-class customer service, top notch equipment and expert guides. We provide a seamless customer experience through careful planning, logistics and proprietary local knowledge. All of our standard trips and courses provide great value!
Greenville, South Carolina
“AN OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

A great dive experience with an extremely competent and considerate staff. I have no hesitancy in recommending XTC to anyone.

Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Great dive company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

There is a lot of building work going on right now but it will be great when finished. All of the staff very helpful and knowledgeable. There is good food available.

Visited December 2013
Boston
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun diving...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We did four reef dives with XTC and really loved it. Meredith knew we just got open water certified and kept a watchful eye on us. She was an mazing guide. Xcalak has amazing marine life, and we felt very safe and secure with XTC. All the staff were so friendly to us and made us feel at home. We also stayed at the Flying Cloud hotel which is basic but cozy. Unfortunately we were there doing construction and had noise and hot water issues. Without the construction, it would have been peaceful and beautiful. David who has in charge of hospitality was put in a tough situation, and handled it very well. They organized a bonfire for us one evening. All the chefs were amazing, and delivered very tasty food. Do yourself a favor and try the lion fish.

The cost of dives does not include equipment. If you don't have your own equipment, then renting BCD + Masks + Fins + wetsuits make the price rack up very quickly.

We felt really at ease with XTC, and they took us on amazing dives, and re-iterate the staff very friendly.

1 Thank Daniel B
Bristol, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Professional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The team at XTC are knowledgeable and helpful. My boyfriend hadn't done a dive for a while so they had a pool to give him a refresher and he felt confident and safe with them. There are lots of good reefs nearby and good snorkelling as well as diving trips.

Jackson, Mississippi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Do a Course at XTC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went down to Xcalak for a dive course, my advanced. it was the first time in four years that I've been diving and my instructor Meredith was great a spotting my anxiety and caution. She had me do a pool session for a refresher, which i was glad she did. It ended up as more of a confidence builder but it was definitely needed. I did the course with one of the staff members, the Hospitality Manager Dave. It was a great experience as Dave was newer to diving but more experienced in Xcalak. We were dive buddies throughout. I was struck about how quickly Dave would get off the boats, clean up and be the smiling charming host while I was starving and ready to eat and relax after two dives. Dave was very knowledgeable, helpful and accommodating and made me feel at home at XTC immediately. He was a good person to befriend early on. Meredith was Always on the move doing this or that but had time for a warm smile and verbal check to see how I was coming along on the course work. When it came to dive briefings and knowledge reviews she was all business and focused all her attention on the task at hand. The last time I went diving i was in Australia and each time i had a concern i was answered with, No worries, no worries and hurried along. Meredith had both the knowledge and patience to explain to me the "why" there should be no worries. I couldn't have felt safer and more confident about diving than i did with the team that I had. The rest of the staff was friendly and accommodating, but Meredith and Dave were the shining stars of the shop for my visit. Meredith Even let me go Lion Fish Hunting, ask her about it, you'll be eager to bring a spear down with you as well!