“A wonderful beautiful retreat space”
Review of Casa Axis Mundi

Casa Axis Mundi
Cairns, Australia
“A wonderful beautiful retreat space”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Such a perfect spot for a retreat, a true getaway from the "rat race". I very muchly enjoyed every minute at Casa Axis Mundi with Beate and Paul. The serenity of the yucatan region, so much to see and do. The beauty of their newly built space, relaxing by the pool... aaahhhh! Loved it so much!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a wonderful one week stay at Casa Axis Mundi during the grand opening in December 2012. The place was clean, relaxing, and the decor was beautiful. I found the bed and buckwheat pillow very comfortable. It was also great to have full access to the kitchen and be able to prepare my own food. The owners, Beate and Paul, were very helpful and treated me like family. The location is great with plenty of attractions (ruins, pyramids, cenotes, beaches, farmers' market, etc.) only a short drive away. I would definitely go back and recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I feel overjoyed to witness and be a part of Beate and Pauls amazing conscious manifestation. A dream not long ago now fully realized and gifted to the world, a Blessing Casa Axis Mundi is. The joy brightness comfort and love they contain within reflected without, in the midst of Valladolid, a veritable Shangri-La! The Location is perfect, breathtaking cenotes, awe inspiring pyramids, white sand beaches, Amazing Shopping n the best fresh Local Produce Markets around all at your fingertips... I Love it!! Spacious and homy rooms, a natural Pool, sun deck not to mention a Cherimoya and Star Apple tree among others, a perfect place to reconnect blossom and grow :)
Beate being a accomplished raw foodist and Holistic Healer, you can enjoy learning about or diving right into a tranformative lifestyle.
Sure to Deepen transform delight and ignite many persons passion purpose n inner knowing :)
Love you guys, excited to come back n flow more retreats with you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My name's Orlin and I had the pleasure of staying at Casa Axis Mundi for a week and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Beate and Paul are really amazing people and they made my stay in Mexico ever more pleasant. The hotel it self is a beautiful place and the rooms are wonderful and well decorated. There're beautiful paintings and pottery all throughout the hotel. There's a lovely pool right next to a coconut palm tree. There are several fruit trees on the hotel's garden like a sugar apple tree and a star apple tree. The atmosphere is really positive and the hotel's location in Valladolid is quite perfect. It's extremely safe and I enjoyed a jogging at night and going to the park near the hotel where there're some cool events and there's also some beautiful architecture. I loved how excellent the service was and how much I felt like I was amongst friends. A truly wonderful place and I recommend anyone to stay there. A great place for a vegan like myself who really appreciates a place that has good energy and charisma :)

• Stayed December 2012
Sint Maarten, St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Amazing space and venue for a retreat. I was privileged to see and assist with the space evolving to completion during my stay. Paul and Beate were gracious hosts and showed us some amazing parts of Mexico. I met many great people and had many great experiences. I will gladly return one day. Especially pleased that it is an all vegan and raw space (with an option for cooking for those who need it.)

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Wiener Neustadt, Österreich
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Casa Axis Mundi is an absolute awesome place for anyone who is seeking a retreat for heart and soul. Beate and Paul are lovely people who have chosen the path of the heart and they reflect this onto their customers. Assistance is guaranteed, any help and support is offered, and the place itself shines in every aspect. Beate's art and Mexican local art together with all the crystals, books, plants, animals and yummy healthy food make this an unforgettable experience for us. The rooms are extremely beautiful and unique. Casa Axis Mundi can cater to anyone. Whether you are on a relaxing holiday, a spiritual journey, a change of season or an adventurous Mexican trip you can feel at home at Casa Axis Mundi. We loved it very much! and we will come back!

Room Tip: come with an open heart - all rooms are beautiful, quiet, and unique. All rooms have fans but no air...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This 6 suite bed and breakfast has comfortable rooms, hospitable hosts and lots of character.
My partner and I spent 2 weeks exploring Valladolid and surrounding areas with Casa Axis Mundi as our home base. Home being the key word. We were treated like family. Kitchen is accessible with opportunity to prepared some of our own meals to save costs. But with inexpensive local restaurants and stands nearby, there was little need. Our hosts were helpful to guide us to local destinations to explore and provided a supportive environment to come home to. It was a perfect space to do some quiet meditation, yoga by the pool or even a leisurely dip to cool down after a day of hiking in the jungle, or exploring the cenotes in the area.
We will be back to offer a Couples Connection Retreat in March of 2013! It's a perfect retreat space.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple