“We came for breakfast... We came back for lunch”

Yerbabuena del Sisal Restaurante
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Valladolid
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We stop in this lovely place on the way to cenotes for our breakfast: delicious pancakes with pineapple/ginger jam and a special granola and yoghurt both served with fresh fruit. We stayed in the garden and enjoyed breakfast with the wonderful smell of guayaba.

We couldn't resist to come back for lunch on the way back: delicious veggie lasagne, special tacos with smoked meat and fresh delicious non conventional juices. We also tasted the lemon cake, very very good!

As you can imagine, we strongly recommend this place, in the enjoyable city of Valladolid.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Right next to San Bernardino cathedral, one of few places in area with breakfast, owner spoke English very well, I need this cause unfortunately I'm a picky eater, mole dishes were the stars but pancakes were half inch thick, maybe with corn meal? Anyway so good with there homemade syrup, coffee an espresso great also

3  Thank stephen d
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in Villadolid for 4 days and came here every day in the morning or early afternoon. Everything we tried was delicious and fresh and the owner is very nice. For some of our meals they walked back to the garden and picked fresh ingredients for what we ordered. This is a must try restaurant if you're in Villadolid.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

A little bit of the beaten track, but well worth the visit. Very friendly staff, lovely peaceful garden. Fresh delicious cooking. We will be back for sure. Try the banana shake and the pineapple juice!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Yerba Buena is perfectly lovely! The atmosphere is peaceful and welcoming. Located right on the Park in Sisal and directly across from the Convent of San Bernardino de Siena - the location is prime. Food is great and the juices can cure what ails you. The Lassi with Cardamon is a fave. I love to eat in the back garden surrounded by medicinal plants, fruit trees, and the occasional Iguana. The owners Monica and Esteban are fine people and if you struggle with your Spanish (as I do), they are happy to accommodate :)
Yerba Buena is on the top of my list of places to return to when I am in Valladolid.