“Great food, mediocre service”

Yerbabuena del Sisal Restaurante
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Valladolid
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Calgary, Canada
“Great food, mediocre service”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We had the veggie burger and the salad and it was terrific. It did take an hour to get our food and the order was mixed up but it was delicious.

1 Thank DarieceSwift

• Korean first
Victoria, Canada
“Loved it!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great food, great owners, great service, good value!
I especially enjoyed eating in the garden. Brought my baby and they even had toys for her.

• Visited January 2014
Valladolid, Mexico
“We keep going back again and again ....and recommend it to others!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

What can I say, except our repeated return visits for breakfast and lunch, either just my wife and I or with guests speaks for itself!

The restaurant is pleasant with a small bouquet of fresh flowers on the table. You can either sit in doors or outdoors in the back garden.

The menu has a wide variety of breakfast egg dishes and other breakfast items such as oatmeal. Hot cakes, etc

For lunch...you can "do breakfast for lunch" if you like, but the menu also has torta sandwiches, salads and usually a daily special or two.

One of my breakfast favorites which you will NOT find in any other Valladolid restaurant is eggs in a casserole with either black oaxacan mole or a wonderful slightly sweet almond mole.

For lunch my favorite is the lunch plate with smoked pork covered in one of their two mole sauces accompanied by some whole wheat rice and a few vegetables....great eating!

I also like their fruit drinks...my favorite is the one with strawberries, bananas and orange juice mixed together in the blender.

Their home made ice creams are favorites of my wife and I for desert.

Cash only. No reservations accepted unless it is a large group. Open from 9 am to 5 pm except Monday when they are closed. Easy street parking in front of the restaurant .

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank wwtravelerAAA
Norfolk, Connecticut
“SUPERB!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We happened upon this small place off the Sisal Plaza…and it was, by far, the best food we had during our 2-week visit to Mexico. The chef is truly gifted, speaks fluent English, and couldn't have been more knowledgable, charming, and helpful. I actually had dreams about the fruit drinks we had there--probably the best I've ever had, anywhere. Kudos!

Visited December 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Lovely lunch!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We enjoyed our lunch in the garden very much. The food is very fresh and there is a great vegetarian selection. Excellent service.

Visited December 2013