The hotel was ok - we'd stayed there before and liked it. The problem was that some idiots on the town council had decided that it would be appropriate, and a good idea to have a rock/pop band - interspersed with recorded stuff ranging from heavy metal to mexican sort-of-rap pounding out at threshold of pain levels from 7pm until 2am...Our room was in the newer section of the hotel so, theoretically buttressed by the stone walls of the old building. Nevertheless the notes from the bass made the walls of the room vibrate and the overall sound rattled the windows. The singers (sic) seemed to be in the next room. I know, having spoken to him, that the owner of the hotel is furious about this situation but has no redress. A beautiful peaceful town has been turned into a nightmare - I and my friends, needing to rise early, got about two hours sleep.That's four people's contributions to Valladolid's economy now lost for good. There must be many others who think the same way.The 'music' - caterwauling, shouting and screaming for much of the time was beyond LOUD! We'll never go back to Valladolid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Meson del Marques is located in the heart of historic Valladolid,a very peaceful and beautiful colonial city filled with history, just 40 kms away from Chichen Itza. The hotel is one of the oldest buildings in the city constructed in the beginning of the XVII century, unique in its combination of historical atmosphere and contemporary acomodations and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Meson del Marques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Meson Del Marques Hotel Valladolid
- El Meson Del Marques Valladolid