One option for vacationers to the Yucatan is get off the plane in Cancun and drive an hour and a half or so and stay in Valladolid, a charming colonial city. When there, we stay at the Meson del Marques. For a little more money, you can stay in a larger room leading out to an exterior sitting area. Parking is free. There is a very nice pool. The restaurant is outstanding. It is in a courtyard area, with a splashing fountain. The food, heavy on Yucatecan cuisine, is excellent. There are many things to do in the area: the ruins of Ek Balam and a host of cenotes, including one right in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Meson del Marques is located in the heart of historic Valladolid,a very peaceful and beautiful colonial city filled with history, just 40 kms away from Chichen Itza. The hotel is one of the oldest buildings in the city constructed in the beginning of the XVII century, unique in its combination of historical atmosphere and contemporary acomodations and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Meson del Marques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Meson Del Marques Hotel Valladolid
- El Meson Del Marques Valladolid