1,577 results
All reviewsthe main squarecourtyard restaurantmeson del marquesin townguacamolestandard roomcolonial hotelgreat restaurantjunior suitebeautiful courtyardnice poolek balamcenote zacithe air conditioningsecure parkingbreakfast was includedrental car
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is well located in the centre of Valladolid; the entrance for the hotel restaurant is off the main square whilst the hotel entrance itself is in the street behind the square. The hotel has free parking within its grounds. There is also a swimming pool however it doe not get much sun and during our stay some work was being undertaken in its vicinity presumably with the drains as there was an unpleasant smell in that area.. The room we were allocated was a reasonable size though rather dark and dismal and would have benefited from better lighting. We should also have been given a room with a balcony rather than one with a window facing onto the corridor which impacted on our privacy. The shower in bathroom was also temperamental so that it was a lottery as to whether we had hot water. The room would also have benefited from amenities such as a coffee maker and fridge.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MKH50
Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you take the atmosphere out of the equation, which is hard to do, you are left with very little. It is clean and has a real Mexico decor and feel. You also have ample room inside. BUT the bathroom door is louvered, meaning that habanero sauce you opted for the night before will be shared with your bed mate in great detail. The bed is definitely made of wood. It is hard as wood and creaks like an old boat. It is located right on the main square, which lends itself to music all last night, but it was not that bad. Don't get me wrong, It is not a bad experience, just wouldn't stay there again unless I was in a crunch.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Becky T
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was thoroughly pleased with my stay at El Meson and am glad I selected this hotel over the others I scouted online before choosing. Once I was on the ground, I saw a few of the other properties that I initially considered and they just didn't seem quite as good at first blush.
El Meson has a private parking lot so you can park your rental there. It is conveniently located in the heart of the city square; so there is no shortage of things to do via a short walk. I paid $55 per night and stayed in room 306. The room had a small balcony and was very clean. Additionally the hotel is about a 45 minute drive from Chichen Itza and a short drive to other ruins. When I first read reviews about this hotel, I was concerned about the noise but can assure you in my room I was left undisturbed. If you're on a budget and want a nice clean room, comfortable bed, and good location....this is what you want.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony; especially if you smoke.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank rickc2651
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and it was a wonderful experience. Not only were the rooms clean and comfortable, and good service, but the tree outside our room was filled with hummingbirds all day long - its the sort of thing you just don't find in any hotel. They have a beautiful courtyard for meals, parking is excellent - you can't go wrong staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room - it's worth the extra.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Sunday nights are absolutely not to be missed in Valladolid and El Meson del Marques could not have been more convenient or comfortable for our short stay in Valladolid. We checked in without a problem into room 507, which is a "Superior room" that faced the cathedral. We had a lovely open view out of the back of the room to the pool area where we brought a drink from the bar before heading to the city square for our evening on the town. We ate at the restaurant which has a nice atmosphere, but we both thought that the food was average and the service somewhat indifferent. The free off street parking for our car was a definite plus.

If you need absolute peace and quiet, bring earplugs. You are in the center of the city!!! Enjoy the charm of Vallolid and the history of this restored villa.

Room Tip: Room 507 faced the cathedral and the town square. We loved it. If you want a quieter room, ask for one away from the square that faces the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple