We stayed two nights in the middle of a road trip through the Yucatan and it was more than worth the (relatively high) price. Superb service from all of the hotel staff, very comfortable rooms and IDEALLY located in the absolute center of town. Free parking included was an extra perk for those with cars. Moreover the hotel itself is very picturesque and the attached restaurant was very good (although likewise pricey). It's worth eating there either in the morning or night just for the atmosphere around the courtyard, and worth discreetly wandering through even if you're just passing through (say that you are on the way to the hotel, which connects!).
The air conditioning in our room was a little bit sub-par but not uncomfortably so, and we wished there was a fridge since we traveled with some perishable snacks. The beds were very firm, which we liked but others may not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Meson del Marques is located in the heart of historic Valladolid,a very peaceful and beautiful colonial city filled with history, just 40 kms away from Chichen Itza. The hotel is one of the oldest buildings in the city constructed in the beginning of the XVII century, unique in its combination of historical atmosphere and contemporary acomodations and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your El Meson del Marques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Meson Del Marques Hotel Valladolid
- El Meson Del Marques Valladolid