“fine dining”

Taberna de los Frailes
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Valladolid
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calzada de los Frailes y el Convento de San Bernardino de Siena
Description: Renown Gourmet Maya Cuisine. Large wine selection. Tequila and Mezcal. Specialty cocktails. Excellent service in a most unique location and ambiance.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had dinner at Taberna my last night in Valladolid. Being a non-Spanish speaker, I was pleasantly surprised when my waiter, Jorge, spoke in English to me. He was quite enthused to practice his English and was really nice and helpful. I had a grilled watermelon with quevo as my salad and longaniza sausage as my main. It was all delicious, local cuisine in a quiet, elegant, outdoor setting. It also has a full bar and many wines to choose from.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

A good atmosphere and ambience with tasty cocktails. The food was good but not amazing and it was reasonably priced. Great service. Worth a visit if you want something different.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is by far the most accomplished and excellent high end restaurant in Valladolid. Located in a serene setting next to the Convent of San Bernardino, it was romantic experience and served the best Yucatan cuisine imaginable. The mojito was the best I ever tasted. And of course the bill was a whopping (I kid) $45.00 for two of us at dinner. Unreal value down this way in hotels and restaurants. I mean this was like a one star in the south of France!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The night we went to this restaurant, we were one of only two tables being served. So it's no surprise that the service was really attentive. In addition to this the food was very good - Mayan influenced dishes which were very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Tia Micha (beautiful little place) and the clerk recommended we had dinner at "Taverna de los Frailes". We walked from out hotel to the restaurant, about a mile, and when I saw the restaurant (it was about 9:30-10:00pm) it did not seem very appealing, we went inside anyway, I was surprised! The place exceeded my expectations. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent! It was definitely a night to remember! Taverna de los Frailes is definitely a place I recommend if you visit Valladolid.