“Exquisite Find in Valladolid”

Taberna de los Frailes
Ranked #17 of 104 Restaurants in Valladolid
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calzada de los Frailes y el Convento de San Bernardino de Siena
Description: Renown Gourmet Maya Cuisine. Large wine selection. Tequila and Mezcal. Specialty cocktails. Excellent service in a most unique location and ambiance.
Piedmont, CA
“Exquisite Find in Valladolid”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is by far the most accomplished and excellent high end restaurant in Valladolid. Located in a serene setting next to the Convent of San Bernardino, it was romantic experience and served the best Yucatan cuisine imaginable. The mojito was the best I ever tasted. And of course the bill was a whopping (I kid) $45.00 for two of us at dinner. Unreal value down this way in hotels and restaurants. I mean this was like a one star in the south of France!

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The night we went to this restaurant, we were one of only two tables being served. So it's no surprise that the service was really attentive. In addition to this the food was very good - Mayan influenced dishes which were very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Visited October 2013
Oakland, California
“exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Tia Micha (beautiful little place) and the clerk recommended we had dinner at "Taverna de los Frailes". We walked from out hotel to the restaurant, about a mile, and when I saw the restaurant (it was about 9:30-10:00pm) it did not seem very appealing, we went inside anyway, I was surprised! The place exceeded my expectations. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent! It was definitely a night to remember! Taverna de los Frailes is definitely a place I recommend if you visit Valladolid.

• Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Amazing service and beautiful location. The convent and church next door is a must-see! The place is quiet and has excellent menu offerings, though we did not eat much. A great place for an evening with friends

Visited August 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Did not meet expectations!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews here and chose this restaurant for our first night in Valladolid and it was also a walking distance away from our hotel. We had high expectations from this based on the good reviews. As an appetizer we had the grilled watermelon and it was nice. A bit strange but surprisingly good. As a main course I had the grilled chicken dish, Pipian de Pollo. It looked good, but disappontedly didn't taste as good. My spouse had the pork dish, Cochinita Pipil, and with that there was the same effect. Both dishes tasted ok, but that's all. Nothing spectacular at all, just ok. The interior was very nice and cozy, so the surroundings were great, just beside the old convent wall. Only the food was lacking something in it. Habanero sauce was spicy, it was good. Mojito was good. Service was also good. But overall it was a bit disapponting since we had expected a lot more from the food. Also a bit pricy compared to the quality (tastes) of the food. And in the end ok is just ok.

Visited July 2013