“This may be a better reason to visit Valladolid than Ek Balam?!”
Review of Casa Italia

Casa Italia
Ranked #10 of 114 Restaurants in Valladolid
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casa Italia was planned to be a welcoming place to have an small experience of Italy, managed and served by Italian owners with an authentic Italian food, wine, ice cream, coffee and wood-fire oven for hand made pizza. Located in the lovely park of Candelaria three blocks from city center is a real peaceful place to enjoy life. Info corner and free wireless internet.Monday-Saturday 6:30-11:30pm
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My partner saw the flyer for this place in our hostel. Checking online it seemed to be the best western food in Valladolid (we've had a lot of Mexican food in the past few weeks) so decide to go for it.

First, its open at 7pm. Getting there at 6pm won't help (and closed Mondays another review said)

When we came back at 7.30pm we were met by friendly staff. The prices seemed reasonable, M$120-140 a pizza and very reasonable when they feed two fully, or probably three people!

Beer was M$25 each, not bad at all (especially for Bohemia!)

A great meal, did remind me of the pizza from Italy!

We even spoke about a night trip here, if we were ever to return to Cancun! Both loved the food that much. Easily recommend, unless you want Mexican food. This is Italian.

1  Thank egrek

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We ate here and yes, the pizza was very good. But it was also enormous, at least 12 inches in diameter. My wife and I could not finish them - we would have been more than satisfied to have shared one between us.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went to Casa Italia for desserts on a saturday night. I really really liked my tiramisu... Best tiramisu I've ever had !!! As I sat eating my sweet treat, seeing all of the beautiful food on the tables around me, I knew we had to go back for dinner on the next day. The pizza on the table next to us looked and smelled AMAZING !!! Unfortunately, I found out after that Casa Italia is closed on sunday and monday. I was very disapointed since we were leaving Valladolid on monday. So, if you like good Italian food and are visiting Valladolid plan ahead and visit Casa Italia for dinner from tuesday to saturday (they're open from 7 pm to 11pm). DO try and sit in the inside terrasse, it is lovely ! As they say in Mexico ''No te lo pierdas !''

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

this italian place was a magical experience from the moment we arrived. it was hard to pick a seat somewhere since both inside and outside (little garden) looked amazingly cute.

things got even better. the waitress (and owner) was super sweet, friendly and helpful. she made it very clear that they love to adjust the menu to our (vegetarian) needs. they are highly flexible when it comes to this. it really felt they just want you to have the best overall experience as possible. according to us they succeeded alright! as far as we know at least most of the ingredients were local and fresh. great to know even the mozzarella was. also absolutely no problemo if you're vegan.

we ordered 2 pizzas which turned out to be the most amazing pizzas we've ever had. we pretty much didn't say a word to each other while eating, although it felt more like we were floating..

the next night we, obviously, returned for yet another casa italia experience. again, out of this world. we had a lovely chat afterward with the most wonderful owners, diane and eugenio (the italian chef/magician).

if we didn't have to leave the next day we would probably have eaten there for another week or so. we wish you all the best guys, much love and múchos gracias for a truly marvelous experience. we highly recommend this place!

2  Thank dorothy-giorgio
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was such a delicious place to eat! The food tasted just like my Nonna's! It was so goo we just kept coming back, at least 3 times during my visit! Everyone, the owners and staff were wonderful, and very accommodating to my vegan diet. It was so great! Thank you!