January 2009. Stopped in without a reservation and got lucky. It's 20 km north of Mahahual, then 4 km east and 3 km south on the new road - not the beach road. Kim was a great host as was Marcia. Food and service were excellent. Facilities good and adequate. Family style dinners were exceptional. No AC but ceiling fans. Loved the family cats - Mooster and Moolaw.
Did not like the fumigation with pesticides but did not get bitten by bugs. Took a day trip to Punta Herrar 60 km north. Interesting but wouldn't do it twice. Military presence is notable looking for drugs. Not in the least disappointed in this hotel but Mahahual is not much of anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded off the grid solar powered beach front Inn, nestled on sandy white beach on the Mexican Caribbean. Walk for miles in either direction, swim or snorkel from shore. This is the closest Hotel to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere- maps and independent traveler's guidance are available. King sized beds, fans and large bathrooms in each room. Hot Breakfast included. To protect the tranquility and quiet of the hotel, only children over the age of 12 are allowed during the months of January, February, March and April. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mayan Beach Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Beach Garden Hotel Mahahual
- Mayan Beach Garden Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya