we were tired and not too happy about what we had seen as hotels in majahual (partly because we were still in pre-season so hotels were closed, partly because the mess hurricane dean created has not really been cleared yet), so we took our chance to head up north, just following a sign indicating the way to the mayan beach garden...
and found a true gem: located directly at the beach, right in the middle of nowhere, the hotel offers an excellent mix for people who are seeking a place to chill and relax. rooms are spacious and comfy, the hosts kim and marcia are very nice people willing to share their home, their stories and the surroundings (excellent snorkling adventures!) with their guests. food is great from breakfast to dinner. we had two great days and were sad we had to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded off the grid solar powered beach front Inn, nestled on sandy white beach on the Mexican Caribbean. Walk for miles in either direction, swim or snorkel from shore. This is the closest Hotel to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere- maps and independent traveler's guidance are available. King sized beds, fans and large bathrooms in each room. Hot Breakfast included. To protect the tranquility and quiet of the hotel, only children over the age of 12 are allowed during the months of January, February, March and April. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Mayan Beach Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Beach Garden Hotel Mahahual
- Mayan Beach Garden Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya