“Amazing!”
Review of Mayan Beach Garden

Mayan Beach Garden
Ranked #1 of 22 Mahahual B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is amazing! The view amazing! The food amazing! The staff amazing! If you want to relax and get away from it all this is the place. Your A/C is the open windows with ocean breezes. No phone service but wifi in the main building. Beach is amazing. So tranquil and off the grid. A great place to relax and veg! We'll be back! Thanks Kim and Marcia!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
snorkelqueen2013, Owner at Mayan Beach Garden, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

And it is simply Amazing that you took the time to write such a nice review - thank you so much. The weather has been perfect all of July and the first three weeks of August, so I've been out in the water. Today, it is windy and the water stirred up, so am taking time to write replies to wonderful guests like yourself who have taken time out of their summer holidays to write a review. We hope to welcome you back next year - I think you will like our new mosaics that Rafael has been working on.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a small beachfront hotel with a somewhat more remote location to relax, read, swim, snorkel, beach comb and enjoy great home cooked meals. The rooms are 1st rate and spacious. You will enjoy the beds. The owners and staff are there to help you with anything you may need. Be prepared to enjoy the evening meal in a "family style" setting with a long table to share the days activities with the hotel owners and the other guests. A large screened-in porch is the setting for all meals & what a great way to start your day & end the evening. And yes, a well stocked small bar !

Upside : super owners that make you feel special to be there & some of the best food you will ever taste. Mahahual is worth a couple of day trips.

Downside : it's a 5 hour drive from Cancun & you will need a car to explore the area. The town of Mahahual is 13 miles to the South.

This was my 1st stay at Mayan Beach Garden. A great place for solo, couples or families.
Three nights was not enough time. I will return. Bernie.

Room Tip: Marcia is prompt to answer your email questions. She is also available to receive your phone calls.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Marcia B, Owner at Mayan Beach Garden, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

It was such a pleasure to welcome you here. Every time you entered the room, you brought a smile to my face. Hopefully next time you can come with a friend - although we will welcome you any way you come like a treasured friend. (I'm working on my memory so I can remember everyone's name too!)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been to Mayan Beach garden 4 times now, and this was the first time I traveled alone. The company was delightful, the food divine, and the hosts/owners were the best, most personable people I have ever stayed with. I was accepted with open arms as a daughter who came to visit. I admit this is not the hotel for those who want a night life, but if you want a quiet place to relax and unplug from the world, this IS the place to be.

Room Tip: I was in the room farthest back from the beach, and was up on the second floor. They called it the Y...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

We love our return guests! Please . . . Please keep coming. Hopefully we will see you again next year with your family and not just alone. Oh, your little art project from flip-flops on the beach is now hanging in the bathroom art gallery!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We spent a week a Mayan beach and we just loved the experience. Site and room are very clean and well decorated. Beach was very nice and a 10 minute walk takes you to a snorkeling site 25 feet from the beach. My daughter was scared last while snorkeling. She snorkeled at this site for hours. The food was also excellent. Lots of variety and all very good. I even bought myself a gift while there: both my daughter and wife took cooking lessons and now I get to eat great Mexican food at home. We were given good info on i things to see or visit in the area. Overall, I give them a thumbs up.

Room Tip: All rooms were great. I was worried about being second floor over the palapa but it was perfect. Kid...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I'm so happy your family enjoyed their stay at Mayan Beach Garden and that you are enjoying Mexican food at home. If you have any questions or need a recipe - please email me privately and I'll be happy to send you how-to instructions. I know I've promised some folks recipes and I think I may have forgotten to do it!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Mayan Beach Garden for four days in May. It is a very warm and welcoming place, right on the sea with a very nice swimming beach. The rooms are a nice size and with comfortable beds.

The hosts, Kim and Marcia, are extremely hospitable, knowledgeable and helpful. Marcia's directions are very accurate and, thanks to her, we were able to snorkel a nice reef right off the beach about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Another GREAT place she directed us to was a half sunk ship about one hour north.

It's quite a way back to Mahahual, so it behooves you to take the meal package offered. The surrounding roads are not very smooth and we found the distances much further than reported.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are more private.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

We love the fact that you took the time to provide a response for your stay at Mayan Beach Garden. Because we try to get better all the time, could you please send me a message describing why you only gave a 4 for cleanliness? If my staff failed (or myself) we like to learn from the experience so we can improve our rooms and service. Without comments like this, we would never know. Thank you in advance for helping us provide better service.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Before we booked Mayan Beach Garden I read many of the reviews and browsed the website quite a bit. We love the Akumal and Tulum area of Mexico but had never ventured any further south than that so we were very excited to see what Mahahual and Mayan Beach Garden would be like. We were not disappointed, in fact, our experiences were even better than anticipated. Just as most reviewers say, Marsha is amazing with her hospitality. She seems to always be there when you need her to answer questions and give suggestions as to places to go and things to do and yet she is never intruding on your privacy. She is quite talented, too, with her mosaics and her painting. She and Kim and their staff have made the closest thing to heaven on earth there at MBG. The meals are simply elegant, room is comfortable, grounds are beautiful and ambience can't be beat. Next time we go I am definitely going to take a cooking class. And we are definitely going back!

Room Tip: We had the Beachfront King which was nice but one night there were people in the room next door who...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for venturing away from Tulum and Akumal to our quiet stretch of beach. Thanks also for the comment about the smokers. What do you think we could have done to make that better so that it wouldn't have bothered you? Please email me privately so maybe we can come up with a plan. Most people are mortified at the thought that their smoking is bothering someone - especially the lovely guests that find their way here. People don't come here if they don't care about others and the environment. Hope to see you again next year to see the new mosaics.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you want a great Yucatan beach experience that is way off the beaten track, then this is the place for you. Very quiet place, great rooms, beautiful beach, water, snorkelling. The food is excellent and the hosts, Marcia and Kim take great care of all their guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaanki

Being that this reviewer is from British Columbia. . . I wonder if you have sun yet. As I right this thank you note to you, I wonder if the sun is out in my home town of Seattle because today. . . we have no sun. There is a tropical depression moving through bringing with it cooling breezes and clouds. The sun will come back in a couple of days and I'll be ready for it. We think of all our Canadian guests and hope they get a good summer this year. You all deserve it! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to write this lovely review. We hope to see you again!