Whenever we travel we are always in search for places that are off-the-beaten path, remote, when possible and more importantly, unique. We are happy to report that the Mayan Beach Garden Inn is one of those places.
The Inn is a few hours away from Cancun and sadly, in this day and age, one needs to travel far to find this kind of lovely and unique place. Luckily, the journey was worth it! The hosts, the staff, the food and the accommodations are wonderful. My husband and I stayed for 4 days and of course, we wished we stayed longer. When we arrived we thought that after 4 days we would have had enough but almost a month later, we keep thinking of the Inn and wishing we were there again.
I think often people are disappointed when visiting a place because their expectations are not met but in the case of this Inn, one would be hard press to fault them for lack of information. They have put together the most comprehensive website I have ever seen, the plethora of information does not only regard the hotel but Mahahual and the encompassing Costa Maya. Well worth a thorough read.
One last thing. This is something I have noticed with very small hotels and B&Bs, if you have any comments or issues please mention them kindly to the hosts as I have seen some really silly complaints here that could have been taken care of by the Inn's hosts.
Thank you Marcia, Rebecca, Rob and the rest of the staff. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded off the grid solar powered beach front Inn, nestled on sandy white beach on the Mexican Caribbean. Walk for miles in either direction, swim or snorkel from shore. This is the closest Hotel to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere- maps and independent traveler's guidance are available. King sized beds, fans and large bathrooms in each room. Hot Breakfast included. To protect the tranquility and quiet of the hotel, only children over the age of 12 are allowed during the months of January, February, March and April. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Mayan Beach Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Beach Garden Hotel Mahahual
- Mayan Beach Garden Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya