“Such a cosy place!”

Cafe Karlita's
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Mahahual
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Karlita's is located in the very center of the village boardwalk next to the Port Captain with a spectacular view of the Caribbean and specializes in a fresh baked goods, fine coffee, fresh fruit frappes and smoothies, so make sure you stop by to sample the variety of fresh desserts and pastries fresh out of the oven and made with only the best ingredients. With 3 different environments to enjoy your coffee, smoothie or frappuccino, you can relax in the garden palapa, on the ocean-view deck or step out of the heat into our air-conditioning inside. Take home a pound of delicious fresh ground coffee straight from Veracruz, Mexico.
Estonia
“Such a cosy place!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We were here in the end of November and I couldn't get my eyes off their beautiful Christmas decorations. The lights were sooo inviting and created such a wonderful atmosphere. But even without the Christmas lights I think this place probably looks magical - beautiful lamps, nice interior design, views of the Caribbean just a few steps from their door... wow!
Try their sandwiches too - egg and bacon sandwich was just yummy - eat in or take away to the beach or picnic, nicely boxed up. Great!

“NEW on the beach”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I could not wait for this place to open. I had been looking at photos of the tasty looking cakes for a week. Finally, open. We visited but I did not indulge myself in the extra calories from the cakes but we did have a nice simple breakfast. The place is large and open, offering a nice ocean breeze. The owner, Karla, was very friendly. I think they are going to offer pizza but since it was the opening day, not all items were available. I will definitely visit here again. You can get free wifi and hang here, while still feeling like you are on the beach.

Visited November 2013
Cozumel, Mexico
“"You will not be impressed"”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

To be honest there is a nice variety of restaurants to eat at while strolling the Malecon in Mahahual. But we found the K@rlitas to be the sweetest gem of a place.
First let me start by saying the brick oven pizza was original and very very good. You cannot beat that type of crust and the toppings were very flavorful. When it came to the table I immediately thought how much it smelled like the old pizzarrea we had in our neighborhood.
The second thing is the killer view from this place. It was evening and to sit looking at the breakers rolling waves and all the quaint lighting they had throughout the restaurant....well it was peaceful and serene. They have sitting areas around the restaurant that have comfy couches to put your feet up and have a cup of homeground coffee and a sweet roll made right there in their own bakery! You can hook up to the internet and just hang out.
I have to mention also the wait staff because there are so many times when we travel you eat out and have a nice meal without interaction from the people who are there. We had the sweetest guy who was both personable and actually looked as if he liked what he was doing. You could not beat that smile!
In closing, I might add that we met the owners and they were genuinely happy to have you there.
We definitely have found a place we could call our go to spot. I look forward to going back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank cozaholic
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Karlita's karma”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My son, my daughter and I were pleased by the quality and prices of food at Karlita's. The friendly atmosphere was a balm for our spirits and the food was delicious. Also the owner arranged a kayak tour for us . Good food, good people and good times. A perfect vacation!

• Visited April 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Restaurant with Internet”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This restaurant is a very nice place near the beach where people also have the possibility to use Internet and relaxe a little bit.
All the people who a working there are very friendly and the atmosphere is very good.
The food is also very good! This place in Mahahual, Mexico, is perfect for everyone!

• Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant