“refreshing change”

Cafe Karlita's
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Mahahual
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Karlita's is located in the very center of the village boardwalk next to the Port Captain with a spectacular view of the Caribbean and specializes in a fresh baked goods, fine coffee, fresh fruit frappes and smoothies, so make sure you stop by to sample the variety of fresh desserts and pastries fresh out of the oven and made with only the best ingredients. With 3 different environments to enjoy your coffee, smoothie or frappuccino, you can relax in the garden palapa, on the ocean-view deck or step out of the heat into our air-conditioning inside. Take home a pound of delicious fresh ground coffee straight from Veracruz, Mexico.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

One look at Karlita's cute comfy restaurant and you can see it will not be the usual cookie cutter fare, which most of the beach fronts restaurants present and being on a corner you can always be sure of a breeze, very valuable in this climate.
They serve great pizza and a lot of other yummy dishes , but what ever you eat leave room for dessert, Karla was trained in N.Y. and the cakes are not to be missed.
We spent quite a long time in Mahahaul and some days we ate breakfast lunch and dinner there and came back next day for more.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
There are newer reviews for Cafe Karlita's

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Good food! Karlita is very generous and friendly. It's a great spot to use the internet as well. And arrange trips for snorkeling, fishing, etc.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love this location not only does Karlita and Otto make a great coffee they do a delicious Cocktel Fruta de Plata with Yogurt..ummmm! Located just a few steps from the Malecon and great Wi-Fi. You will see many a traveler accessing the Wi-Fi at there outside tables or on their computers inside. Deserts yes Karlita is a great baker going to find a beach p the coast then stop in and have a sandwich made up for your outing, delicious!

This is most definitely one of our go to places in Mahahual!

See you real soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Mahahual is a beachtown, with lots of wonderful places on the beach, but sometimes you just want a pleasant place to hang out for a while. This is exactly that. I love it that the waiters remember my name when I come back. I'm a local and not a tourist, but I can't say that many of the other restaurants welcome me by name. K@rlitas has the best sandwiches and my favorite drink, "agua de melon" is made just right. Sometimes, I don't want Mexican or seafood, so on those times I especially like the pastrami sandwich. The atmosphere is nice - you really feel you can spend some time there without feeling like you should be making room for the next guest. I usually go there in the evening when it is less busy. There is indoor and outdoor seating. I usually sit indoors when I am by myself and outdoors when I'm with a friend. I'm comfortable however I end up there. While many businesses have internet, this one is very fast. I appreciate that. When I'm by myself, I like to get a lot of work done and the internet is a bonus. Lastly, I have to say something about Karla's pastries. They are beautiful! I especially like the chocolate cake with the nutella filling. Oh my gosh! My husband chose K@rlitas as the restaurant he wanted to go to for Father's day and he ordered the apple pie with ice cream. He didn't want to share, but at least it looked good! We were served by Karla whose excitement at her newest dessert is infectious. On this visit I had to order the chocolate teramisu (SP?) cake. We had fun trying her new desserts. The restaurant is clean and it is a pleasure to go into a bathroom that is also clean. Kudos!

1  Thank snorkelqueen2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you don’t speak Spanish, and visit Karlita’s, ask for what she recommends in postres or dessert. The brownies I had were delicious.

If you go to Karlitas Restaurant-Bar, you may also meet her and her significant other, Otto. At the time of writing this, they started making some delicious pizza. They also serve breakfast and sandwiches. My family and I would always go in the evening, sit at one of the outside tables, sip on some cold beer and enjoy the outdoor scene. Although it is about a block away from the beach, it does not face the beach or have a beach view, but there are plenty of tables inside and a few outside.

You can also get a good Wi-Fi signal there, just ask for the password. Sit at one of the outside tables, enjoy the evening breeze, and plan your next day.

1  Thank rcastrojr