“Great Service, but had to leave to soon:(”
Review of Maya Chan Beach

Maya Chan Beach
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Mahahual
More attraction details
Owner description: Private beach resort for cruise ship passengers.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Booked this as a last minute port change. Food, drinks and service were outstanding. Loved the use of Kayaks and water floats. The only negative is that for some reason we were scheduled to leave right after lunch even though we had hours to get back to the ship. Others stayed so not sure what happened. Had to spend 2 hours at the cruise ship port which we are not fans of. Really wanted to spend the day there:( Will visit again if we go to Costa Maya again, but only if we can spend the day.

MayaChanBeach, Owner at Maya Chan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Just after lunch, we go around and ask all guests what time you want to go back, however, we do posts LAST taxi times and we are very strict on this policy. Once arranged, we cannot change. So you must have given us a time or you were with a group that requested shopping time. No one has ever been close to missing the ship. Glad you had a good time. Love to have you all back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)
All reviews
in 72 reviews
"day bed"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We visited on April 4, 2013 and renewed our wedding vows. What an AWESOME day! The staff went above and beyond to make sure our visit was everything we expected. And it was! We had some of the best authentic mexican foods we have ever eaten. The drinks flowed freely and the Oreo shake was out of this world! We would definitely reccommend this to anyone looking for a quite, fun, relaxing spot while vacationing. We look forward to visiting again and seeing our new found friends David and Eric. Five star all the way!

1  Thank cglo323
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved it. Costa Maya looks like a port devastated by storms and as I exited the ship I wasnt that thrilled until I got to Maya Chan. The best service I have ever received for the least amount of money. Very reasonably priced at 60 per person for a day of excellence. The food is the best I have ever had for authentic mexican cuisine. The drinks were great, my wife had sangrias while I had some oreo concoction that was great. The floating chairs are relaxing. The kayaks are awesome, go out to the reefs for a snorkel. The staff go above and beyond, even giving me and anotehr girl a private snorkeling tour upon request. If I ever go to this port again I will be back for sure.

2  Thank Mdayjr1976
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all I booked this through their website a couple of days before a cruise after our cruise switched ports last minute. When arriving in Costa Maya I felt like the island was destroyed and trashy, you can tell it had been damaged by hurricanes is recent years. The drive to Mayan Beach Club did not leave me feeeling like I was gonna have a good day but I was wrong. When you pull up you are greeted right away by friendly staff, they take you to your pallata which is a couple of lounge chairs, umbrella and bed on the beach. We did not like the one they assigned us to because a guy was cleaning up the beach right in fron of us but we asked to move and they let us. We were given some great chips and dip and cocktails of our choice. My wife had sangrias and I had some oreo concoction that was awesome. We laid out a while and then I kayaked out to the reef. I shoulda brought the snorkel gear out with me but didnt. However I spoke with one of the staff members about taking me out snorkeling and he agreed to do so after lunch. We laid out in the floating chairs for a while until the best lunch ever was served. Great mexican fresh cuisine, best I have ever had. Then as promised I was taken out to snorkel and it was great, we held lobster, saw eels and fish etc. The service of this place was great and although the island itself is a bit dirty and destroyed this place makes you forget all of that. They are cleaning and rebuilding alot on this island but Maya Chan has it together already. I loved it and will return if I ever cruise to Costa Maya again