“Great food, ocean views, and service”

Restaurant Caballo Blanco
Ranked #20 of 75 Restaurants in Mahahual
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Fort Smith, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, ocean views, and service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This restaurant is a quaint patio overlooking the Caribbean. And the food is amazing! We had dinner there, and the owner, Tina Sanchez, made one of my favorite dishes, beef stroganoff. But we we also tried the local fare, lobster tacos and fish, which are the best I have had. All around, this restaurant is truly a find, and it is right on the Malecon, with ocean breezes, and beach tables available as well. It is part of a hotel, and we toured the rooms which are very nice. Tina makes the experience very enjoyable with impeccable service. It's just good fun to eat there as the food, views, and service are just right!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank StephenP99

Mahahual, Mexico
“Great Hotel & Restaurant on the Malecon in Mahahual”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at this owner operated gem in Mahahual. The food is always delicious and prepared with love and care. The owner Tina Sanchez, is often also the chef. She takes pride in her offerings, and the friendly service matches the great tasting food. Caballo Blanco also has a pharmacy on-site, stocked with almost anything a visitor may need to make their visit more enjoyable. A visit with Tina and her staff is a MUST when you visit Mahahual.

• Visited April 2013
reenibohini, Owner at Restaurant Caballo Blanco, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review you wrote for us. I love cooking and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. See you soon.
Granada, Nicaragua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST BREAKFAST IN MAHAHUAL!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

(I posted this on the Caballo Blanco hotel tripadvisor not realizing there was a specific page for only the restaurant..so this is copied and pasted from there):

Based on Tina's (the owner) recommendation, I had the Chilaquiles and it was mouth watering down to the last cheesy bite. Also, best cafe con leche I've had in a loooong time (its REAL coffee, not that nasty instant stuff which seems to be the default coffee around these parts). Prices are very reasonable compared to the other restaurants on the beach strip, who exploit the cruise people like crazy. Other customers there ordered different fish dishes and lobster (I think tacos) and heard them mmm'ing the whole time. I wish I wasn't so full after the Chilaquiles so I could try some. Apparently its all fresh, caught that day.

I happened upon the restaurant looking for an internet cafe and so glad I stumbled on this place. Met Tina and chatted with her when she wasn't busy with other customers - really sweet lady, down to earth, makes you feel totally at home. The internet was really fast (unlike many other places in Mahahual) and the good vibes encouraged me to hang out for hours. I wish I wasn't leaving the Yucatan, otherwise I would definitely become a regular.

Her rooms are nice from what I saw and the rooftop has an infinity pool and absolutely beautiful views of the the area. 5 minutes up there, basking in the caribbean breeze, is all you need to melt into total relaxation. I hope I can somehow find my way back here one day and actually stay in a room.

Can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited March 2013
reenibohini, Owner at Restaurant Caballo Blanco, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for us. It was a pleasure meeting you. Too bad we met on your way out and not in. I wish you and your wife the best on your travels across this beautiful country. I know you will enjoy your next stop. I've traveled all over Mexico and when I find something I enjoy eating, I offer it here. Whether it goes on the daily special or becomes a regular like our chilaquiles . Till we meet again. Buen viaje!
Acworth, Georgia
“great nachos, burgers and lobster tacos”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The restaurant is in the El Caballo Blanco hotel on the beach and is a great spot to sun and eat. The burger we had was big and juicy, the nachos will need to be shared because they are so large. the lobster tacos were really good and specialty drinks come in a large beautiful margarita glass. Others had Corona beer for a great price, but I stuck with the margaritas.

Visited March 2013
Thank you so much for writing us such a great review for us. It was a pleasure serving you. I so glad you enjoyed our food and was able to try a few of our dishes. The margaritas are waiting for when you return!
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, great food!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our favourite little find in Mahahual town. Tina was a great host and cooked us up some fresh and delicious seafood whilst we drank beers gazing out at the beautiful Caribbean sea. We went back a second time it was so good! Also a lovely hotel.

• Visited February 2013