“Lovely local restaurant right on the beach”
Review of Machos Bar

Machos Bar
Ranked #35 of 75 Restaurants in Mahahual
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Seafood, Latin, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Buffalo, NY
“Lovely local restaurant right on the beach”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I landed in costa maya on my cruise ship and took a cab to downtown and proceeded to walk down the main street, away from downtown and came upon Macho's on the edge of town. The owner invited me and my family in and we were so pleased. This is a little tiny fishing village, sleepy and quiet. Somewhere to just get away and enjoy the beach and the peace. We indulged in daiquiri's and margaritas while waiting for our lunch. The table is set right into the sand, in front of the water. I ordered a shrimp ceviche and my family shared fresh guacamole and salsa and also beef fajitas. As a pleasant surprise, there is free Wifi, a nice bonus since it is so expensive on the ship. After the lunch, there were ladies giving professional massages right on the beach. For $20, it was a heavenly hour! The girl I used was named Lilliana and she was excellent. I would love to return to Mahahual, away from the cruise and just sit and watch the water, sipping cold drinks and enjoying quiet for a few days.

• Visited January 2013