Almaplena Eco Resort & Beach Club
$36
  • Beachfront
Porto Coral(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$93
Koox Matan Ka'an Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$56
Ko'ox El Hotelito Beach Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$53
Margarita del Sol(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$94
$79
Luna de Plata . Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$72
Agoda.com
$65
TripAdvisor
Hotel Beke(Mahahual)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshrimp tacoscosta mayaday passopen bar all daywanted lunchgreat cruiseamazing lunchthe ownerwhite sandfood and drinkscruise shipblack beansminute taxi rideguacamoleport areacoral reefthis wonderful place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Seriously....Out of our 8 day cruise and a missed docking in port at Roatan, we desperately needed a GOOD ending to a subpar vacation/cruise. I booked with Monica after reading reviews on Cruise Critic Transportation, food, drink., and the beach all included., I had high hopes for a great day. I was not disappointed ...at all. We had a very SHORT port day as this was our final destination, and I wished we had had more time. Ship time was ahead of Mexico time, and we arrived at the resort at 8am local time(9 ship time).we had to leave at 1:30 local time..it would be a short day :o(...The scenery was beautiful, the staff was warm and welcoming, it was if we were at home. The food was plentiful, the beverages were many, and the water was enticing. Even on a windy and overcast day, this place was perfect. We were one of only two couples who booked this day (assuming the port time kept many away, it was quite a distance from port) I would never complain about 4 people sharing an entire beach....NEVER....it was like our own paradise. The highlight of our day was Bella, who fell deeply in love with my husband, and he with her. 75% of my pictures from this day have the black caribbean beauty at his side We even have our "family" picture with Bella. The weather was not good enough to go out and snorkle, but even without that....this was the BEST day of our vacation, and when we had to leave I felt horrible and sad..............please let me stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Monica and staff for an amazing day...I will return one day...that is a promise! The most gorgeous serene atmosphere of the trip! I just needed MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Armymomjenn
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Let me preface this review with the fact that Costa Maya (Mahahual) is a port. Period. I think only 200 people actually live there full time and most drive or boat in on cruise days, so there is essentially nothing there except at the port terminal. I found this little slice of heaven through Trip Advisor. We arrived on 16 May, 2014 on the Carnival Sunshine. My husband and I have found that booking our excursions outside of the cruise line have been some of the best, and this was no exception! The great thing is the resort has a special day pass for cruisers and only allows a maximum of about 12 people a day. Our group of 3 and 2 others were the only ones there and we didn't even know anyone else was there until it was time to eat!

From the time I first contacted Monica at the resort until after we left the resort I felt welcomed and taken care of. For $59 pp the day includes: round trip transportation via cab to and from the resort, use of the facilities, open bar, and full lunch. The beautiful, serene beach and open air lobby are your's for the day. There are an abundance of lounge chairs, hammocks, and beach beds with plenty of shade if that is what you are looking for. It is quiet and peaceful. There is a little reef within swimming distance right off shore that is fun for a little snorkeling and if you're lucky their dog might even swim out there with you! There are a couple of servers to bring you drinks or you can go right up to the bar to order up something delicious. The lunch was homemade and FANTASTIC! I could go on and on about how glorious this piece of heaven, but you'll have to see for yourself to believe it...

On a final note: I accidentally left my iPad there and contacted them immediately. They found it and were more than helpful in shipping it back to me. I am waiting on it still, but am hopeful that it will arrive as promised! Thank you again Monica, Mayra, and the rest of the staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brynn N
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Went here a few days ago as an excursion on the Norwegian Epic. Cant say enough, it is quiet and sooooo serene. Not one of those crowded places only allows certain amount from cruise ships at a time. Drinks were wonderful as was the chips and salsa. You had a lunch time and the came and got you on the beach to come for lunch. Served chicken shrimp and meat tortillas and other fabulous foods. The ride to the resort is a little scary because they drive fast and the seat belts did not work in the cab. They had a dog visitor and he was friendly. The beach was the best and the service was great. So would do this again in a minute. Well worth the price and the beach. A must do if going to Costa Maya

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am floored. In a world where websites and photoshopped pictures build destinations up to something that they can never actually deliver, Almaplena blew me away. Why? The beach, the solitude, the service and the atmosphere. I booked this for a day from a cruise ship and it was the highlight of the trip. I am now looking into booking a multiday stay there.

And the dog - he was adorable!!!

Thank you Almaplena!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank williamj38
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We traveled to Almaplena aboard the Carnival Dream. I'll admit, the cab ride was a little scary due to traveling so far into the middle of nowhere. OMG! was the ride worth it!!!!!!

Upon our arrival we were greeted immediately and asked when we wanted to go back. Um, do we have to?!?! We were brought inside and shown where the bar and dining area were as well as the showers and restrooms. Then we were shown the beach chairs and were told to pick anywhere we like. The next question was "what would you like to drink!!"

We picked chairs right on the water and our drinks arrived, and arrived, and arrived and...well you get the picture. When it was time for lunch they called us up to eat and provided us with some of the best food we've ever eaten, and oh yeah, more drinks!

We snorkeled the reefs which were huge and beautiful. I was very impressed with the snorkeling and would say it was the best of our trip. The staff was so friendly and went out of their way to make us as comfortable as possible. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple