“Excellent Diving from Cruise”

Doctor Dive Costa Maya
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Doctor Dive Costa Maya!The best scuba diving club in Costa Maya (Mahahual)! Make no mistake, this is not a "paper club" like many others. We dive, and we dive a lot! We dive from boat and travel off spots together.A recent study revealed that this area is one of the place in the world where has more marine species. One of the great attractions of diving around Costa Maya is its abundant marine life. Climatic and sea conditions are particularly favorable to allow that diving activities are conducted safely and always fun, for 12 months a year.The particular characteristics of the coast and the underwater scenery of Costa Maya offer the possibility to make spectacular dives at altitudes between -15 and -60 meters, within a 10 minute boat planing.If you're not exploring carribean underwater, you're missing half the show.We have one simple philosophy, that is to teach and guide divers through close guidance and provide the opportunities to get out and dive!Our equipment and our qualified and experienced teachers offers a multitude of choices for diving in the spots of the coast for both beginners and experienced divers.We offer the full range of PADI courses, from Open Water to Dive Master: all our courses are individually tailored. We don't do big groups or mass courses like most other dive schools. Our enthusiasm and caring approach is to teach our passion by experienced PADI Dive Instructors. Our crew come from professional teaching and coaching backgrounds.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Beautiful dive sites with excellent service and very affordable. After the shipped docked, we took a shuttle for $3 each to Yaya Beach Club. We should have skipped the shuttle in favor of a taxi; because we had to wait a bit before we left and the taxi was $5. The Yaya Beach Club is where Dive Doctor is located. We were met by the owner, who efficiently prepared us to dive. The equipment is clean and well maintained and the entire team was extremely welcoming. Both dives were fairly close to the beach with lovely coral. We saw eels, turtles, lots of fish and one eagle ray. We did our surface break at the beach, which gave us time to snack and see the sights. The captain and dive master were professional and friendly. Dive Doctor personalized their service to fit everyone's needs and specializes in small dive groups. Our first dive had 4 divers and the second had 6. All in all, I can strongly recommend this company!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

As some of you may well know, the prices of expeditions booked through cruise ships are usually extremely overpriced. For that reason, I usually book my own dive trips.
Doctor Dive was a perfect option for me in Costa Maya. It was a short 5 minutes shuttle bus away, and was easy to find. I had no emailed and made reservations in advance, but as soon as I showed up, I was able to be accommodated for the next boat out. The staff was kind and informative, the equipment was quality, and it was a quick boat ride to the dive location. I highly recommend this dive shop to anyone, cruise or otherwise, wanting to dive in Costa Maya.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We planned our trip to Mahahual to check out the diving further south on the Mexico coast, and Doctor Dive was our choice... And a great choice it was! The staff are all well trained, professional, and eager to ensure that all of their trusts are comfortable and having a good time. Charlie was our dive master for our few days of diving, and he took the utmost care of our equipment (we travel with out own gear). Their staff all practice safe diving habits. The diving was great - lots of coral formations and marine life. I even managed to spot a seahorse the day before we left! I would highly recommend Doctor Dive if you are heading to Mahahual. I would also recommend to book ahead, as cruise ships coming in can book them up fairly quickly.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We chose Doctor Dive rather than the cruise ship dives and had a great experience with them. They were accommodating, professional and fun. We had one very new diver and they were extremely attentive, making sure she was comfortable and safe. Their equipment was terrific, making the dives really pleasurable. We saw healthy reefs and lots of fish. We even had a chance to spend time with a very friendly hawksbill turtle and we saw a spotted eagle ray, complete with remora swimming around it. The angel fish were huge and also very curious.

Don't hesitate to send in your deposit on this one! Alberto, Charlie and Sam will take good care of you.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

First let me start by saying our family cruises once or twice each year and my sons and I dive at almost every port we stop in. This trip had us stopping in Costa Maya on Christmas day. After web searching and reading reviews I emailed Doctor Dive and booked a two tank dive for myself and two sons. Upon leaving the cruise ship terminal we took a shuttle to Yaya Beach. The shuttle was a bit of a mess because it didn't stop where we asked but dropped us a few blocks away. When we went back to the ship we took cabs which were actually cheaper. So I
would recommend passing up the shuttles and walking the extra block to cabs.

Once on the beach, it was easy to find Doctor Dive. The location was perfect, as my wife and parents who do not dive had a clean beach with chairs and umbrellas to spend a relaxing day. Sam was at the dive shop waiting for us and the boat was right at the beach. The gear provided by Doctor Dive was in good condition and better than most other rental gear we have used. We made two dives with Sam and another group of three divers. Both dive sites (Two Eyes and Escalones) were only a short boat ride from the beach. Both dives had reefs where there was an adequate amount of marine life to enjoy. Our dive leader Sam was very experienced and did a great job to ensure that both dives were safe and enjoyable. Between dives we returned to the beach to rest up while Sam and the boat captain placed fresh tanks on the boat and make our gear ready. Following our dives, there was a fresh water tub to rinse our gear (mask, fins and camera) and CLEAN bathrooms to change clothes. Following our dive, we ate next door at the Yaya Beach Club and had a great mexican lunch and some cold beer.

Doctor Dive was great. It was much cheaper than a cruise dive excursion (half the price), the service and quality was excellent and the location was perfect. We will be back again sometime soon.