“Excellent food, a great find!”
Review of Pizza Papi

Pizza Papi
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Mahahual
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Pizza Papi is definitely the best pizza I've had in a very, very long time. The wood fired oven, the great quality of the ingredients, everything. Very friendly staff, and really you can't go wrong with anything on the menu, its all excellent!

1  Thank Rob B
There are newer reviews for Pizza Papi

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

After three weeks of travelling in Mexico I was craving for something that tasted European for a change, so we came here. No regrets! Pizza like I've had it in Italy! Wonderful thin, crispy crust, proper Italian salami... It was just what I needed and wanted. So good! Loved it.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed in Mahahual and ate here more nights then not. We ate almost every variety of pizza they have and one night we ate the lasagna, which is a specialty not served every night. The pizzas are thin crusted and enough for 2 people. This place makes wood fired oven pizzas. They even have a delivery service to the locals. Located in the area known as the "Casitas" and not on the beach, you have to make your way here. The other thing I discovered about this place is that they make desserts. They make a chocolate truffle which is almost irresistible. REALLY. Once I discovered this, I was hooked. Prices are extremely reasonable and well worth your time. Owned by two Italian brothers, they really know how to serve customers well. The place is well visited by locals and that always says something good about a place.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wonderful thin crust pizzas baked in a wood fired clay oven. Good appetizers include bruschette and a big green salad. The restaurant is located in the casitas near the Costa Maya port. Prices are reasonable, service is wonderful, and would be a good place for families as well as friends for an enjoyable night out.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was told this is one of the best pizza places in Mahahual,it may be for the locals,but definitely not for Americans,i have to say that Americans are spoiled,but when we order a meat pizza,we expext more than a few slices of pepperoni and sliced vienna susages with a sprinkle of cheese on a biscuit like crust.I did enjoy the bottle of wine that was priced right and the owner was very welcoming and friendly.