Hotel El Caballo Blanco
$36
$34
  • Beachfront
$82
Koox Matan Ka'an Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$61
Ko'ox El Hotelito Beach Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
Hotels.com
Porto Coral(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$40
$70
Luna de Plata . Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$53
Priceline
Margarita del Sol(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
$66
$51
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop poolthe ownerwould highly recommend this hotelluxury suiterestaurant downstairsfront facingonsite pharmacyterrace roomtile floorshot watersmall poolpedestrian walkwayair conditioningboard walkbeautiful hotelfavorite placescoffee maker
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had the pleasure to stay here for a week with Tina and her family. So many great things to say, from the beautiful location, fantastic views from our terrace and the rooftop patio, exceptionally clean comfy room and Tina's wonderful cooking. Her lobster pasta is a must have. We felt very welcome and taken care of. Our hope is to definitely come back some day. Soon. Very soon!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scott V
reenibohini, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

I didn't want YOU to leave!!! You are now officially on our list of favorites! it was a pleasure having you and your wife stay with us. What a wonderful couple you both are. Thank you for choosing us, and taking the time to write such lovely things about me and the hotel. I look so forward to seeing you both again very soon.
Big hugs,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed her for a couple of nights and agree with the other reviews. The bed is great and has a pillow top so it not a rock. Room was bis and spacious with lovely view of the beach.

Town is a big laid back and seems like they are waiting for something to happen. The cruise ships came in two of our three days and I was surprised that they weren't much of a bother. Town seems to shut down when they leave.

Only issue we had was the shower didn't have hot water, but the weather warmed us right up.

Room Tip: Get a room with the terrace.
1  Thank luckytravel7
reenibohini, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Our town is very laid back. Most people come here to relax, I hope you enjoyed your stay. Our mattresses are orthopedic, we want our clients well rested. We enjoyed having you stay with us. I wish you had told me about your water. I would have gladly checked it. Each of our rooms has it's own hot water heater that heats the water on demand so you never run out. It will heat 6 liters a minute. I'm so sorry you had a problem with it. I would have gladly checked it for you. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again.
Tina Sanchez

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I almost don't want to write this review to have this place as my secret. I respect the owner Tina too much to not pass along my opinion. My family and I stayed here and it was even better than I imagined. The food, fantastic. I tried Lion Fish for the first time and it was incredible. We also had Lobster Fettuccini that I am craving still. We ate our breakfasts there as well and every meal was incredible. The location is wonderful with snorkeling at your doorstep. The rooms are well kept and cleaned regularly each day. If you are lucky, there will be a card game to play in during the evening. We had a wonderful experience here and all I want to do is find a way to get back to El Caballo Blanco as soon as possible. Thank you Tina for a magical experience that none of us will forget.

1  Thank Bob D

I'm so glad you decided to write me a review. No worries, I will always have room for you and your family! You all were the sweetest people I've had the privilege of meeting. I wanted to keep your mom! Thank you so much for staying with us on such an important occasion. I look forward to seeing you all again very soon. Hopefully with all the kids. It was a pleasure serving you lion fish for the first time. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing you again VERY soon. My best to you and your beautiful family.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

On my third trip to Mahahual (Costa Maya) I chose to splurge a little, not much, just a little. I've always stayed off the beach but this time I wanted to be right on the Malecon. I've eaten at the restaurant in front of the hotel before, but never thought of staying on the beach. I've heard the hotels on the beach are way too much. Boy was I wrong. Not only does Caballo Blanco have a great central location and great beach access but the room rate was no more than a stay at Hampton Inn in the states (BTW my favorite Mattresses "were" at HI). I slept like a baby! Not to mention, I think they have the highest thread count sheets in ALL OF MEXICO!! I will definately stay again!

Room Tip: Splurge for the second floor front rooms with patios overlooking the beach!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank bfl2bze

Thank you so much for the lovely review you wrote us. How nice of you to notice the small details . We try to offer the best things available for our customers. Beds are very important to me when I travel so that was very important when we built here. I'm glad you liked the sheets as well. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family of five stayed at the Hotel El Caballo Blanco last week. We stayed there based on reviews on tripadvisor. It was an incredible experience! Our room was the Eiffel Tower room. It is clean and has a stunning view of the area. The Carribean Sea is just a few steps away from the hotel front. A restaurant and a pharmacy are connected to the hotel. It's all very impressive. The most wonderful asset at El Caballo Blanco is the owner and operator, Tina. She is a wealth of knowledge and warm and friendly. She's also an amazing cook!! We chose to eat most of our meals there. Her menu includes fresh fish and lobster caught locally. We were treated to lion fish one night. And her fettuchini alfredo is the best! She also was able to direct us to other local places to eat and things to see. Our family fell in love with Tina. She is officially a part of our family. We all are hoping to return to Mahahual as soon as possible. We will miss you Tina!

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room that faces the sea.
1  Thank 316Shellylayne
reenibohini, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

I'm so blessed to have met you and your family. It was such a pleasure having you all stay with us. The hardest part was saying goodbye. Thank you for adopting me ; ) to choose my hotel for "Moms" birthday was an honor. I hope to see you all again soon. I know how difficult it was to leave so many home , but maybe next year we can get everyone out here. Big hugs to you all.