Hotel El Caballo Blanco
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mahahual
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Porto Coral(Mahahual)
Hotel Beke(Mahahual)
K'ay Kook(Mahahual)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop poolthe ownerwould highly recommend this hotelluxury suiterestaurant downstairsfront facingonsite pharmacyterrace roomtile floorshot watersmall poolpedestrian walkwayair conditioningboard walkbeautiful hotelfavorite placescoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Based on Tina's (the owner) recommendation, I had the Chilaquiles and it was mouth watering down to the last cheesy bite. Also, best cafe con leche I've had in a loooong time (its REAL coffee, not that nasty instant stuff which seems to be the default coffee around these parts). Prices are very reasonable compared to the other restaurants on the beach strip, who exploit the cruise people like crazy. Other customers there ordered different fish dishes and lobster (I think tacos) and heard them mmm'ing the whole time. I wish I wasn't so full after the Chilaquiles so I could try some. Apparently its all fresh, caught that day.

I happened upon the restaurant looking for an internet cafe and so glad I stumbled on this place. Met Tina and chatted with her when she wasn't busy with other customers - really sweet lady, down to earth, makes you feel totally at home. The internet was really fast (unlike many other places in Mahahual) and the good vibes encouraged me to hang out for hours. I wish I wasn't leaving the Yucatan, otherwise I would definitely become a regular.

Her rooms are nice from what I saw and the rooftop has an infinity pool and absolutely beautiful views of the the area. 5 minutes up there, basking in the caribbean breeze, is all you need to melt into total relaxation. I hope I can somehow find my way back here one day and actually stay in a room.

Can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ronny K
reenibohini, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. I hope all is well with you. I'm sure your in some far away land on a great adventure. I hope you do find your way back and come and visit us.
Best wishes,
Tina

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! Best place to stay in Mahahual Mexico. Tina, owner/operator, was born in NYC and has lived in Mexico for a long time. Wonderful host. Hotel sits about 50 yards from waters edge. Massages right on the beach.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Dwmoore
reenibohini, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel and myself. It was a pleasure having you visit us here. We hope to see you soon. Best wishes

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Knowing what Mahahaul has to offer, I wouldn't go anywhere else but El Caballo Blanco. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and spotless....not to mention the water pressure in the showers is nothing like you'll find anywhere else in Mexico!! Tina will make sure your stay is perfect in all ways and she has a wealth of knowledge about the area. The rooftop dipping pool is a nice way to spend a few hours or just relax on her well groomed beach. Don't even think about staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tisha50
reenibohini, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. I'm so happy you enjoyed you stay at our hotel. We strive to offer our clients the finest Mexico has to offer. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

There are many hotels in town that say they are on the beach but are not, this one is! From your 2nd or 3rd floor room you have a beautiful unobstructed view of the sea and can sit and watch the world go by for hours! The rooms are beautiful, clean and functional by American Standards ;-) The showers of power pumping out hot water, the linens are top notch, TV and cable and even a mini fridge for any leftovers you gather around town. The staff is available 24/7 and serves food and drink whenever you want it! The BBQ wings are the BOMB! Best BBQ in town!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie D

It's special clients like you and your husband that make my job a pleasure. We were sad to see you leave. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know our efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Having been to mahahual on multiple occasions and having stayed in a few different hotels, caballo blanco was by far my favorite. It is the only hotel I will be staying at in the future. It has a gorgeous rooftop with a beautiful view and the owner was very nice and treated everyone who passed through like family!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JessSLC
reenibohini, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

It was a pleasure having you stay here with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review for us. For future reference we now cater weddings here on our beach. We hope to see you and the whole gang soon.