“Location,Location,Location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mahahual
Hotel El Caballo Blanco
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mahahual
London, United Kingdom
“Location,Location,Location”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel whist passing through Mexico.the rooms were clean,tastefully decorated and the beach right on the doorstep it's in the middle of the small village of Mahahual a kinda up and coming laidback resort off the beaten track except for some cruiseships which visit
the food served here is excellent and as a vegitarian I appreciated the extra effort making Tina the owner cook and bottlewasher made to make me feel at home...recommended 5*****

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Keith I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I had heard of this place from another couple and thought we would give it a shot. We were most pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and hospitality of this hotel. Mexico has always been a beautiful location to vacation but it has never been known for this level of hospitality. The owners really make you feel at home, they have a roof top pool that is amazing and give just the right amount of attention without feeling like you are being violated. Having a pharmacy and restaurant on location is definitely a plus. They sell lobster taco's there that are amazing. When they first offered them to me, I thought how could anyone desecrate a lobster by putting it in a taco? After having them I ate them three times over the next 5 days, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, I love those taco's! You can relax, eat when you are hungry, get a massage on the beach, and get hangover relief all within a few steps. I recommend avoiding the hangover if at all possible. I have stayed in many places in Mexico and never set my expectations too high, I think I can raise my expectations now, it is possible to have it all. If your looking for a great getaway this place is a must.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ghumba2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Caballo Blanco many times. Would not stay anywhere else in Majahual. The owner makes everyone visiting there feel welcome and just like family. When I was there at Christmas she even invited me to share Christmas dinner with her family. The rooms are all beautiful and on par with the best hotels anywhere in North America. Great meals and snacks in her adjoining restaurant. Love, love, love it!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, Front hotel rooms face the beach so give you beautiful view and the ocean sound...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank margaret_krowiak
Jacksonville, IL
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is a nice, clean, quiet little place directly on the main street of Mahahual. Rooms are ample and clean, everything works and it is comfortable. The chicken nachos are a killer at the restaurant downstairs and my husband had a hamburger that was great. There is also a pharmacy attached downstairs run by the owners. Tina could not have been any more helpful or nice. If there is anything you need to know, she will help you with the particulars.

Room Tip: Beachside rooms are the best - in this case, the higher up the better.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank moodymolly
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The hotel and owner were so nice that I planned another trip to visit. The rooms are spacious and very clean. All the amenities you want - great air conditioning, cable TV, and room service if you want it. There are views from all the rooms but request the beachfront view if you can - from your private lounge chairs all you will see is palm trees and the beautiful water. Great beach too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J L
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I liked to much to stay in this hotel, I enjoyed too much the food, the atention, the politeness of the employees, me and my boyfriend had a great time staying there, I totally recommend that place

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carla F
Tulum, Mexico
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My only regret about El Cabello Blano is that we were not there long enough. We arrived in Majahual around 7:00 one evening and were needing to leave early the next morning. After checking a couple of other hotels, we decided on this one, in part because of the graciousness of Andy, who happened to be there at the moment, helping out the owner.

The room was nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. The location, facing the malecon, beach, and beautiful Caribbean was outstanding. Loved the rooftop pool deck and bar, although we did not have time to enjoy it. We live a little further north in Tulum and own a small hotel ourselves, so we are particular about attention to detail...and this place has it. We are looking forward to making another trip, when we can stay longer!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends