Review Highlights
Great day Fishing

I can't say enough about the people. Everyone was great from the time we got out of the cab until... read more

Reviewed February 5, 2020
Newcomer3
Best day of our cruise

So fun to learn to fly fish We learned to tie and make our own fly and then used it to cast into... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2019
MotheroftheBrideOKC
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Recommended experiences in and around Mahahual
from $102.47
from $53.94
from $25.07
from $84.28
More Info
All reviews great guide fly fished chetumal bay few hours water shoes tacos nick tarpon jacks cast species cruise shore ship windy
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2015

While on a girls trip to Costa Maya a was lucky enough to meet Nick and I was fortunate that he was willing to take me out (on Such short notice) to get my first Tarpon. He certainly delivered, I landed 2 tarpon that day as well as 4 snook. He knows the water in the area and where to find the fish. He was truelly a pleasure to spend the day with I highly recommend hiring Nick if your looking to fly fish while in Costa Maya!!!!!

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed March 25, 2015

Don't envy the job Nick had trying to satisfy all 10 fishermen in our group (even though we tried to limit to 5 at a time). Thought he did a yeoman's job given the extremely windy conditions we were given and diversity of fishing talent (teens to 50's/seasoned to rookies). Overall had a fantastic experience and appreciated Nick's patience, fun-factor, flexibility and expertise in fishing the bay area. Would HIGHLY recommend to others hoping for a fun and enjoyable fly fishing experience. Wouldn't recommend a group of 10.

Date of experience: March 2015
2  Thank aah987
Reviewed February 4, 2015

My wife and I were on a cruise and one of the port of call was in Costa Maya and she had booked me a fly casting and fishing trip with Nick at The Western Caribbean Fly Fishing School while my wife spent the day setting on the beach. The time that I spent with Nick working on my casting and fly tying was well worth the time, all the while under Nicks teaching he had help the keep my confidence up. The time we spent fishing was even better being able to use the techniques I had learned from Nick to catch fish. I would say with out a doubt I would recommend The Western Caribbean Fly Fishing School and Nick to anyone from beginner to expert Fly fishermen. I would defiantly book a trip with then again if and when I'm back in Costa Maya.

Date of experience: January 2015
2  Thank Fishing550
Reviewed January 14, 2015 via mobile

We have been to Costa Maya two other times on cruises, but this was our favorite visit. My husband and teenage son had an amazing fishing experience with Nick while mom spent the morning reading a book on the beach. We were there on Thanksgiving Day and the weather wasn't great. High winds did not stop the boys from fly fishing - and yes they both caught fish! We wish we had a longer cruise port day - the time went by way too quickly! Nick was great with responding to emails and answering our many questions. We hope to visit Nick again in the near future. One of my families favorite excursions ever!

Reviewed January 6, 2015

Went on a cruise and Costa Maya was the last stop. We went fishing and the rest of the family stayed on the beach. It was nice that we could fish so close to where the rest of the family was. Didn't catch anything and the weather was windy. Saw lots of fish but couldn't get the fly in the right place. I'd do it again for sure. Good value!

Date of experience: January 2015