“Fly Fishing Fun”

The Western Caribbean Fly Fishing School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For beginners we have the famous fly fishing school, for advanced fly fishermen theres the guide service. Based on the best bit of fly fishing within a 10 mile radius, protected by the barrier reef the waters are gentle and shallow. On shore, a wonderful beach club with the best food and service in town. The perfect place for wives, friends and family to watch the fly fishing adventure. For those with experience ask us for guided fly fishing trips by boat to the nearby Tarpon lagoons and walk and wade up the numerous beaches.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 10, 2015

This is our second visit in Mahahual and we have now spent 4 days fishing with Nick. And we will be back. Nick knows where to take you to find fish, what fly to use, and how to have fun doing it. Whether you are a newbie (me) or have years of fly fishing experience (hubby) you will enjoy your time fishing with the Western Caribbean Fly Fishing School.

All reviews
"lakes"
in 3 reviews
"trolling"

Reviewed April 15, 2015

While on a girls trip to Costa Maya a was lucky enough to meet Nick and I was fortunate that he was willing to take me out (on Such short notice) to get my first Tarpon. He certainly delivered, I landed 2 tarpon that day as well as 4 snook. He knows the water in the area and where to find the fish. He was truelly a pleasure to spend the day with I highly recommend hiring Nick if your looking to fly fish while in Costa Maya!!!!!

Reviewed March 25, 2015

Don't envy the job Nick had trying to satisfy all 10 fishermen in our group (even though we tried to limit to 5 at a time). Thought he did a yeoman's job given the extremely windy conditions we were given and diversity of fishing talent (teens to 50's/seasoned to rookies). Overall had a fantastic experience and appreciated Nick's patience, fun-factor, flexibility and expertise in fishing the bay area. Would HIGHLY recommend to others hoping for a fun and enjoyable fly fishing experience. Wouldn't recommend a group of 10.

2  Thank aah987
Reviewed February 4, 2015

My wife and I were on a cruise and one of the port of call was in Costa Maya and she had booked me a fly casting and fishing trip with Nick at The Western Caribbean Fly Fishing School while my wife spent the day setting on the beach. The time that I spent with Nick working on my casting and fly tying was well worth the time, all the while under Nicks teaching he had help the keep my confidence up. The time we spent fishing was even better being able to use the techniques I had learned from Nick to catch fish. I would say with out a doubt I would recommend The Western Caribbean Fly Fishing School and Nick to anyone from beginner to expert Fly fishermen. I would defiantly book a trip with then again if and when I'm back in Costa Maya.

2  Thank Fishing550
See more reviews
Reviewed January 14, 2015 via mobile

We have been to Costa Maya two other times on cruises, but this was our favorite visit. My husband and teenage son had an amazing fishing experience with Nick while mom spent the morning reading a book on the beach. We were there on Thanksgiving Day and the weather wasn't great. High winds did not stop the boys from fly fishing - and yes they both caught fish! We wish we had a longer cruise port day - the time went by way too quickly! Nick was great with responding to emails and answering our many questions. We hope to visit Nick again in the near future. One of my families favorite excursions ever!